Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Re: Best trilogy ever?!

Apr 10, 2003

Star Wars is widely regarded as two sets of trilogies and if you talk about the Star Wars Trilogy with anybody, they'll know you're talking about Episodes IV through VI.  As it stands, Indiana Jones is still a trilogy.

Even with all the time-traveling paradoxes in the Back to the Future trilogy, there were still less plot wholes in the entire trilogy than in The Matrix.

Will The Matrix trilogies be fun?  I sure expect so.  Will they be good?  I wouldn't bet on it.  It's just another Fight Club where the people who most enjoy the movie are the ones who really don't seem to pay any attention to it.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15424 posts

Apr 10, 2003

,The Masked Debater wrote:

Star Wars is widely regarded as two sets of trilogies and if you talk about the Star Wars Trilogy with anybody, they'll know you're talking about Episodes IV through VI.  As it stands, Indiana Jones is still a trilogy.

Even with all the time-traveling paradoxes in the Back to the Future trilogy, there were still less plot wholes in the entire trilogy than in The Matrix.

Will The Matrix trilogies be fun?  I sure expect so.  Will they be good?  I wouldn't bet on it.  It's just another Fight Club where the people who most enjoy the movie are the ones who really don't seem to pay any attention to it.

umm..I really rally really enjoyed the first one so you are pretty much insulting my intellgience there by saying that.   Its because of a statement like that I am not gonna really give much thought to your opinion
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4924 posts

Apr 10, 2003

,The Masked Debater wrote:,

I was with you until you said that about the Matrix.  Maybe you didn't understand the concept, which is the case of every person I ever talked to that didn't like the movie, but that movie is the most complex, most difficult to grasp movie I've seen that's mainstream, which is why I liked it so much.  And the same actually goes for Fight Club, even though I didn't like it because it was disturbing, it was still very conceptual.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Apr 10, 2003

I enjoyed The Matrix, too.  It was fun.  It just wasn't that good of a movie.  There were plot holes out the wazoo.

Why are Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity the only ones who seemingly have such a large ammount of control over themselves in the matrix, when The Oracle and her children obviously have a larger understanding of how it works?  Shouldn't they be able to practically become Superman, if not Gods?

Why did the machines use a time around the 90s to put their crops into?  If they had put people into the 19th century, if not earlier, it would be almost impossible for anybody to break out, as they'd be unable to comprehend the technology used to keep them in place.

Why do the machines, who have total control over the matrix, have to take over an existing body instead of using spawn points or just appearing out of nowhere?

That's just a small sampling of them.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Re: The Matrix

Apr 10, 2003
When? I am behind! How come they didn't show that on the WB?
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7538 posts

Apr 11, 2003

,Tifa_Orunitia wrote:

,The Masked Debater wrote: ,

I was with you until you said that about the Matrix.  Maybe you didn't understand the concept, which is the case of every person I ever talked to that didn't like the movie, but that movie is the most complex, most difficult to grasp movie I've seen that's mainstream, which is why I liked it so much.  And the same actually goes for Fight Club, even though I didn't like it because it was disturbing, it was still very conceptual.

Don't worry about him, I have never seen him make a post that wasn't meant to provoke people.  He really tries to live up to his name.  I for one thought that both Fight Club and The Matrix were good movies with solid plots, or at least a lot better than 99% of the movies out there.  Of course there are holes in the plots, but Star Wars has thousands, so do all the other trilogies he mentioned.  I for one thought that those movies were good.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Apr 11, 2003

No, I didn't say that Fight Club wasn't a good movie, but that the people who seem to get the most enjoyment out of it are the people who don't pay attention to it.  I just find it odd that so many people get fanatical about it and think its message is that Tyler Durden is right and that we need to eschew all material belongings.  This bothers me for two reasons.  A)  They usually say it after watching the Special Edition DVD on their flatscreen TV with a 5.1 surround sound hookup.  B)  They fail to realize that the movie is a dark comedy and that Tyler Durden's message is not a positive one to follow.

I have nothing against Fight Club.  It's a good movie.  I don't blame anybody for enjoying it if they understood it.  My problem is just with the people who enjoy it because they didn't get it.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7538 posts

Apr 11, 2003

,The Masked Debater wrote:

No, I didn't say that Fight Club wasn't a good movie, but that the people who seem to get the most enjoyment out of it are the people who don't pay attention to it.  I just find it odd that so many people get fanatical about it and think its message is that Tyler Durden is right and that we need to eschew all material belongings.  This bothers me for two reasons.  A)  They usually say it after watching the Special Edition DVD on their flatscreen TV with a 5.1 surround sound hookup.  B)  They fail to realize that the movie is a dark comedy and that Tyler Durden's message is not a positive one to follow.

I have nothing against Fight Club.  It's a good movie.  I don't blame anybody for enjoying it if they understood it.  My problem is just with the people who enjoy it because they didn't get it.

Ok, I get you now, but I have never heard people thinking that was what the movie meant.  Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2021 posts

Re: The Matrix

Apr 11, 2003
That sounds kinda ludicrous, if you ask me, which you probably aren't, but I said it anyway, so it doesn't matter, so now I'm going to go.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (23 Views)
0 Likes