MVP Support
11778 posts

Re: Does anyone bother buying/renting movies on PSN?

5 days ago
Occassionally, when something I want to watch is a 50c rental. Otherwise, it's usually easier (and a couple of bucks cheaper) to rent on Vudu.

If there is something I want to own, I'll usually shop around for a good sale on the Blu-ray/3D Blu-ray and then redeem the included digital code on both iTunes and Vudu, so I can watch it anywhere.

The disc then generally gets watched once and then added to my collection.
Message 21 of 37 (208 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11778 posts

5 days ago
"After Iron Fist and possibly before The Punisher they are making The Defenders, Use wiki to look up The Defenders. It should be good though."

Yeah, Iron Fist was added today. I'll probably watch an episode or two when I get home before I jump back into Horizon.

As for The Defenders, I think it is the main reason JJ and LC 2nd seasons, along with Punisher, have been delayed. From what I understand, it is the Netflix MCU's version of Avengers and will include all the Netflix Marvel heroes, and may even include cameos from the main MCU and AoS. SAG rules have limited such cameos in previous series (though AoS was able to sneak Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) into a couple of episodes).
Message 22 of 37 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3621 posts

3 days ago

Res-R-Rex wrote:

ZombiehLife wrote:

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Yeah, it is what a super hero show should be like. I wish more like these are done to show HOLLYWOOD that it can be done. Netflix has Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and soon will add The Punisher. Have you checked these out?

@Res-R-Rex  You are so right Smiley Happy I hope more shows like these come out.

Yesh! I've only seen Daredevil (loves it) I haven't seen Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones but I am looking forward to The Punisher Smiley Happy

After Iron Fist and possibly before The Punisher they are making The Defenders, Use wiki to look up The Defenders. It should be good though.

Even though it was free, I was very disapointed in Powers... I did not enjoy it... Yet I did myself very much enjoy Daredevil... I am not a huge TV person honestly... I would much rather be playing video games because it is interactive... However I do love comics and graphic novels... so seeing some of these come alive is pretty awesome... 

Even though Arrow, Flash, and DC's Legends of tommorrow are all quite cheezy, I very much enjoyed sitting down with my POPs and watching them together... he loves these kinda things... Iron Fists is on my list, and when I have time Ill take a look at it... We have also started the Badlands... not sure if I like it yet... however my POPs really likes the martial arts stuffs... 

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 23 of 37 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

3 days ago
Yup, haven't rented tons of movies on PSN. No problems.
Message 24 of 37 (165 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43758 posts

3 days ago

@BatmanDarkKn7ght

Never!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 25 of 37 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1969 posts

3 days ago

Patchex wrote:

Res-R-Rex wrote:

ZombiehLife wrote:

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Yeah, it is what a super hero show should be like. I wish more like these are done to show HOLLYWOOD that it can be done. Netflix has Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and soon will add The Punisher. Have you checked these out?

@Res-R-Rex  You are so right Smiley Happy I hope more shows like these come out.

Yesh! I've only seen Daredevil (loves it) I haven't seen Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones but I am looking forward to The Punisher Smiley Happy

After Iron Fist and possibly before The Punisher they are making The Defenders, Use wiki to look up The Defenders. It should be good though.

Even though it was free, I was very disapointed in Powers... I did not enjoy it... Yet I did myself very much enjoy Daredevil... I am not a huge TV person honestly... I would much rather be playing video games because it is interactive... However I do love comics and graphic novels... so seeing some of these come alive is pretty awesome... 

Even though Arrow, Flash, and DC's Legends of tommorrow are all quite cheezy, I very much enjoyed sitting down with my POPs and watching them together... he loves these kinda things... Iron Fists is on my list, and when I have time Ill take a look at it... We have also started the Badlands... not sure if I like it yet... however my POPs really likes the martial arts stuffs... 

Arrow started off good, but I don't know ,they stumbled somewhere for me and I quit watching. Oliver is to brooding, they should have just made a Batman series. Arrow and Batman are the same type, rich playboy by day, vigilante by night. Rather they do Arrow like the comics and not so brooding. He is a joker like the Flash.Now I only watch when there is a crossover with The Flash. Yes, Flash is kinda cheesy but they don't take the superhero thing with him so seriously and that is when I like Arrow being there. That is when Arrow is best. Into the Badlands I started also, got kinda boring, but now looks interesting because they are IN the Badlands, so I might start again. Also gotta binge watch Iron Fist, soon.

Message 26 of 37 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4010 posts

3 days ago
I have pretty nice collection of fighting shows and movies I bought in the early PS3 days...

Launch PS3 died...Sony told me I wouldn't get shows back, only my games would transfer to a new console, even with my videos backed up on a hard drive. After spending about $150 on videos, I was actually pretty upset. I complained to Sony, and threatened nothing but bad reviews to every customer that I would talk to as a (then) GameStop employee. After telling them to "flip the switch" and just let me get my videos onto my new PS3, they finally agreed. I had my chapelle show right up until I bought my PS4.

My PS4 came with the videos loaded on in the My Videos section.

As long as I can access the videos on a new console, in the same way I could always redownload my games, I will consider the Movies and shows a viable purchase or rental.

I mostly rent these days if I do, just for fear that I will one day no longer be able to acces content that I paid for...

That $5 rental fee is rather steep though...makes me feel like I'm shopping with Blockbuster again...

#badnostalgia
RIP OT Jan. 31, 2017

Mm Bop.
Message 27 of 37 (152 Views)
Fender Bender
3621 posts

3 days ago

BRIT-KO wrote:

@BatmanDarkKn7ght

Never!

BRIT-KO

Really? Never? @BRIT-KO

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Arrow started off good, but I don't know ,they stumbled somewhere for me and I quit watching. Oliver is to brooding, they should have just made a Batman series. Arrow and Batman are the same type, rich playboy by day, vigilante by night. Rather they do Arrow like the comics and not so brooding. He is a joker like the Flash.Now I only watch when there is a crossover with The Flash. Yes, Flash is kinda cheesy but they don't take the superhero thing with him so seriously and that is when I like Arrow being there. That is when Arrow is best. Into the Badlands I started also, got kinda boring, but now looks interesting because they are IN the Badlands, so I might start again. Also gotta binge watch Iron Fist, soon.

@Res-R-Rex  LOL Maybe because I am female Oliver seems kinda hot to me... brooding or not... it was nice eye candy... Yet I do agree the second season got off track a bit... and the lady that plays in both Arrow and DC legends was not that great... And Yes you are right he was more light hearted rather then Brash in the comics. 

I am a HUGE Batman fan... I love the way they made Gotham...Im waiting for more to show up on Netflix... 

However the recent stuff with Batman movies make me upset... Ben Affleck is a horrible actor and a really mean human... I don't like him... Plus he is not how I picture Batman... My fav Batman actor would probibly be  Michael Keaton and my fav Robin actor would have to be Chris O'Donnell.

GuitarGuru2012 wrote:
I have pretty nice collection of fighting shows and movies I bought in the early PS3 days...

Launch PS3 died...Sony told me I wouldn't get shows back, only my games would transfer to a new console, even with my videos backed up on a hard drive. After spending about $150 on videos, I was actually pretty upset. I complained to Sony, and threatened nothing but bad reviews to every customer that I would talk to as a (then) GameStop employee. After telling them to "flip the switch" and just let me get my videos onto my new PS3, they finally agreed. I had my chapelle show right up until I bought my PS4.

My PS4 came with the videos loaded on in the My Videos section.

As long as I can access the videos on a new console, in the same way I could always redownload my games, I will consider the Movies and shows a viable purchase or rental.

I mostly rent these days if I do, just for fear that I will one day no longer be able to acces content that I paid for...

That $5 rental fee is rather steep though...makes me feel like I'm shopping with Blockbuster again...

#badnostalgia

@GuitarGuru2012 Sad face... My fav job ever was Blockbuster... I was an Assistant Manager and Inventory Manager... It was the best Job I ever had... Free games and Movies... plus I got them a week before anyone else... not to mention I got paid to do things I loved doing... Sadly Netflix and Redbox put us out of buisness... Redbox was supposed to be BlueBox... the stupid CEO of Blockbuster turned down the guy who invented the Redbox machine... he brought it to the CEO to sell Bloackbuster rentals at night when we were closed... What a Stupid mistake... 

Blockbuster was a great rental place... If you paid 15 bucks a year kinda like the Pro rewards for Game stop, you could rent 5 movies for 5 nights for 5 dollars... you just needed to look for the right deals at blockbuster... it really was not a bad company... Sadly my children were very little when they closed... they will never have the experiances like me of going to Blockbuster to pick out movies... I really miss that feeling... 

I didn't use Netflix or Redbox for a long time... yet I also do not pirate movies or games so I have to now for my children... or I just buy the games and movies outright... 

The first time I bought a movie on Playstation Store was because I had three screaming girls who wanted to a Disney movie that had just gotten eaten by the VHS player... lol and it was convienient... Yet the Pricing and fact that I can not use those videos on more then one PS3 bothers me. 

Netflix, Prime, and Vudu can be used on all my systems plus my Phone and PC... 

You should be able to use all movies and Shows you paid for on one PS3, one Vita, and One PS4 @GuitarGuru2012 ... the only thing is you might have to sign into your account and set one as the one that can use Video content... I am not sure why they told you could not... I went threw this when I was trying to figure out why I could not have my adult movies and shows on my main PS3 and the Disney stuff on my Childrens PS3s... 

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 28 of 37 (121 Views)
Last Guardian
9608 posts

3 days ago
I buy and rent often..I can watch my movies on most devices..Its a good service..
Message 29 of 37 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43758 posts

2 days ago

@Patchex

Patchex wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

@BatmanDarkKn7ght

Never!

BRIT-KO

Really? Never? @BRIT-KO

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 30 of 37 (92 Views)