Mar 20 2017
By: hadifarroukhfira First Son 8 posts

Horizon Zero Dawn; What Did Guerrilla Miss ?

31 replies 360 views Edited last month

Hello everyone, For those who have played horizon zero dawn will have surely had my concerns and thoughts about what Guerrilla games missed while creating the game. First of all, Yes yes the scenery is beautiful, the plot is breath taking and the over all games is worth our while; however there are things they missed that made me sigh alot. How can Aloy jump that high and good but could not grab a ledge under the max hight of here jump. Does it always have to  be on those yellow marked spots and ledges. Secondly, for god's sake i just saved Azad the sun king, saved all Carja, saved Meredian why wasn't I rewarded with an outfit, a special carja gifted from the sun king outfit. He can try to flirt with me but can't award me. How stingy. Last but not least, why don't we have a home or a place we can rest in and play hour inventory there. Ok Ok i can upgrade my pouch but please should i stop main quests and keep running after rabbits and boars. It can sound silly yes but we need a place to store our stuff.

Finally, although i have not finished the game yet, i'll have to stress on the fact that its a one of the best but has some room for improvement to make it perfect. <3 <3 <3 

Best regards.

PS name : hadifarroukhfira

Message 1 of 32 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn; What Did Guerrilla Miss ?

last month

The only thing they missed was their release window, they made the best ps4 game of all time and then it got stomped on by zelda beath of the wild a few days later. So much for that goty...

Message 2 of 32 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4001 posts

last month
Horizon is really good but after playing Zelda I felt really sad when I went back to it and couldn't climb up a tiny rock. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 32 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3144 posts

last month

Mightylink wrote:

The only thing they missed was their release window, they made the best ps4 game of all time and then it got stomped on by zelda beath of the wild a few days later. So much for that goty...

I'm sure it will still win some awards(best new IP) or best (PS4 game) besides if Red Dead releases this year then chances are not even Zelda will be winning GOTY.

Message 4 of 32 (303 Views)
First Son
15 posts

last month

It would have been nice if there was a 'Technician' branch in the skill tree, since Aloy relys so much on her focus, and the story is futuristic and primative. And it should have been harder too.

Message 5 of 32 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

last month
Granted I'm not too far in the game but I wished there was more Melee weapon choices other than the spear. Swapping weapons were a bit faster and smoother.
Message 6 of 32 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4602 posts

last month

Sure lets take a great game and focus on what was wrong with it!  Smiley Frustrated

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it! Elite Dangerous is coming soon to PS4
Message 7 of 32 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5221 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

The only thing I can nit-pick is the lack of a great variety of faces.

Many characters you interact with share the same face it seems.

Also, I've never seen the relevance of the cold-weather gear. I tramped into the snow in my initial armour and - apart from having Aloy moaning at me now and again - nothing untoward seemed to happen to me.

In Far Cry Primal, Takkar refused point-blank to proceed into colder climes unless he was sufficiently clothed.

Neither are game-breakers. I'm loving it.

Message 8 of 32 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5999 posts

last month
@Nakatsu_Hime
The cold weather gear is just to provide resistance against ice based attacks.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 9 of 32 (190 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30118 posts

last month

JohnKarnes wrote:

Sure lets take a great game and focus on what was wrong with it!  Smiley Frustrated

It gives everyone the chance to play "armchair developer".  

I'd just like to take a moment and remind many that if they had gotten their way, then Guerrilla would have never even made Horizon Zero Dawn. They'd be working on another Killzone game.

Message 10 of 32 (185 Views)