Fender Bender
2784 posts

Re: Is this a phase?

2 weeks ago

You just learned what real games are is all. COD is toxic, be glad your over THAT phase.

Message 11 of 20 (133 Views)
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Last week.

Welcome to adulthood.

I never really caught the online play bug.  Played some original SOCOM on PS2 online back in the day, but personally when I get home after a hard day I don't want to deal with a bunch of 12-year-olds screaming obscenities, the guy who is in the corner of the map spinning around, or the guy who spends 20 hours a day playing and has all the best gear and pretty much sits around and insta-kills everyone who shows up online.

There are some games with unusual online play that I've enjoyed -- things like Journey, or Guitar Hero Live -- games you can pickup and play and just have a good time, without worrying about what the other players are doing.  They are few and far between.  I'd prefer a good story and something I can play at my own pace without worrying about being able to compete with other players.  It's the reason why, even though I own the games, I've pretty much ignore the online play modes of GTA5, MGSVSmiley TongueP, TLOU, etc.  You have to put too much time into them to be reasonably competitive (i.e: not having your **bleep** handed to you every time you play), and I just don't have that kind of time to put into such games.  Besides which, there are too many good games to play these days to be locked into a single game to put the kind of time into online play one typically needs.

Yaz.

Message 12 of 20 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4497 posts

Last week.

We got lots of guns and small map packs we call huge! what else is there? You, we need you! Yeah today I pass on online alot for single player games with story over online. Loved getting worked up and the rush back in the day. Now I just want to relax and play.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it!
Message 13 of 20 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1209 posts

Last week.
Sounds pretty normal to me, sometimes I want to jump into a big world to roam around, sometimes I want a quick puzzle game, sometimes I want something I can just shut my brain off for, or maybe I want something short and quick.
I mean hell I just finished Zelda the other day, and still have Horizon and Nier to get thru, once these are done I'll probably switch back over to Street Fighter 5 or Bomberman R for a bit, although I never know what kind of curve ball life and work will throw my way so I might just stop playing stuff for a bit.
My Gaming Blog, thing..... Check it out if you want.
https://dmcmasterblog.wordpress.com/
Message 14 of 20 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9324 posts

Last week.

Rothnihalias wrote:

Your tastes changed, that's all.

This. ^ 

You aren't some caterpillar going through metamorphosis. You aren't "more mature" as a gamer and you haven't "evolved" yada yada. 

People change, tastes change, seasons change. I've been gaming since Atari and my tastes are endlessly changing.

I used to be a diehard arcade fan, then a rpg only nut, then got into fighters, then back into rpgs, then NBA Jam and Blitz, then Madden, then rpgs, then Warhawk came out and I was a diehard online mp fan, then COD MW solidified that, then SFIV got me back into fighters, somewhere in between all that I was addicted to FFXI for 5 years until I realized how toxic MMOs are (ignore Vorx about COD, he's a troll who never even played it, MMOs are the REAL toxic genre). Lately, I can't stand rpgs and have spent a bulk of the last 6 months on Smite and other MOBA types. I work 11 hour days and rpgs are the last thing I want to do on my days off these days, I prefer some nail-biting competition as opposed to gathering herbs or doing fetch quests for 50 hours. At some point, I'm sure I'll be all gung-ho about rpgs again (stares at Persona 5).

The point is, you'll be hung up on this phase for a bit and move on to something else. It absolutely IS a phase and all that matters is that you're enjoying yourself. Unlike some resident trolls and the weekly first sons who just whine and cry and nitpick the hobby, some of us still enjoy the hobby and aren't subjecting ourselves to torture and being attention seeking drama queens every time we log into PSN or here. 

Just continue enjoying the hobby and don't overthink it. Overthinking makes you turn into people like VD and GG who spend a bulk of their time here, whining about the hobby instead of getting a life. Don't worry, be happy. 

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 15 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3260 posts

Last week.

KBG29 wrote:

I think you evolved as a gamer. I used to play a lot of multiplayer too, but as time has progressed I have wanted something more. I still play a bit of MP every month, but for the most part I like new expereinces and discovery, more than wash, rinse, repeat, style gameplay of MP. I find much more joy in unlocking the mysteries of a story, of uncovering new areas in a game like Horizan, than I do playing stuff like Killzone or MLB The Show online. 

Going forward, I think you will find games both online, and off, that grab you and entrench you in them. As long as you are enjoying the experience, I would not concern with whether, your future is only online, or offline.

Ahhhh, kids today -- they grow up so fast.

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 16 of 20 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Last week.

HEY! I like kick the can!

Message 17 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Last week.

I like to sit in a gravel lot and throw rocks at other rocks. Fun for hours.

Message 18 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14053 posts

[ Edited ]
Last week.

Been here and the next phase I think you will have will be "why am I paying for PS+?" As you play more and more single player games and don't play the crap + games we get minus the discounts in the PS store, why buy it? I buy PS+ to help support Sony financially and not for the benefit of plus anymore.

Message 19 of 20 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

[ Edited ]
Last week.

fostermacation wrote:

Been here and the next phase I think you will have will be "why am I paying for PS+?" As you play more and more single player games and don't play the crap + games we get minus the discounts in the PS store, why buy it? I buy PS+ to help support Sony financially and not for the benefit of plus anymore.

I've never paid for plus, even on PS3. I dont' care about  MP aside from FF 14 that I dont' have time to get  back to, I buy my games on disc so I could care less about discounts (hell Amazon's prices FROM AMAZON are usualyl cheaper anyway) (if there's a digital only game I want, I'll download it....), and if they give a good game away (which they really don't, you stop paying for plus you can't access said game anymore), I probably already bought  it....

Message 20 of 20 (28 Views)
0 Likes