Apr 20 2017
By: TomatoDragon Treasure Hunter 6065 posts

New JRPG Code Vein Officially Revealed by Bandai Namco

8 replies 179 views Edited last month

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/04/20/new-jrpg-code-vein-officially-revealed-bandai-namco-gorgeous-...

Today Bandai Namco officially revealed its new JRPG Code Vein, that was teased last week with a short trailer.

The reveal came with a batch of lovely 1080p screenshots, that you can see in the gallery at the bottom of the post.

First of all, we get an overview on the story.

The world is in ruins due to a catastrophe named “the Thorns of Judgement,” and those who survived are named Revenants, united in a secret society called “Vein.” Revenants abandoned part of their humanity in order to survive destruction, losing most of their memories in order to gain superhuman powers. In order to keep what’s left of their humanity, they need to feed on blood, or transform into heteromorphic creatures named “Lost.”

Those who become Lost are condemned to haunt the world forever, seeking more and more blood, suffering from thirst that can never be satisfied. There are countless of them now, and the instinct that stirs the need for more blood is prevailing.

The player is a Revenant who travels the world seeking the truth, why they were born, and whether there is a way out from this world. The story will lead them to uncover the huge secret behind Vein.

The game is set in vast dungeons that can be challenges alongside a companion character. This companion also evolves as the story progresses, and this relationship will be crucial to overcome the difficulties of the adventure.

Players can select and use various weapons like swords, rifles with bayonets, spears and more according to their favorite playstyle. In addition to that, the freedom of the combat system is enhanced by the “Blood Veil,” which is basically a Revenant’s fangs.

The Blod Veil is an armor piece with the main purpose of sucking blood. It activates in the form of a mask, siphoning the blood of the victim in the user’s mouth. There are multiple types of Blood Veils, including long distance variants that act like the tail of a scorpion. By using the blood sucked with the Blood Veil, it’s possible to activate various abilities like special attacks, self-buffs and debuffs on the enemies.

Platforms for the game, which is defined a “dramatic hunting action JRPG” haven’t been announced yet, but it will be released in 2018.

You can check the screenshots out below, alongside a piece of key artwork, and including a look on characters, weapons and combat. The first full trailer is scheduled to come in May

Message 1 of 9 (179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4022 posts

Re: New JRPG Code Vein Officially Revealed by Bandai Namco

last month
Siiiick!
Message 2 of 9 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

last month

TeaserTrailer if anyone cares

http://maturegameralliance.proboards.com/
Message 3 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6065 posts

last month

Ghostwize wrote:
Siiiick!

I agree.  The art style is very cool.

Message 4 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

last month

The only thing I don't like so far is it has realistic environment art style with anime faces. I love God Eater character design which this seems heavily inspired by and I like the realistic looking environments in Souls games but when they're mixed together, they give a slight uncanny feeling. Other commenters on other sites pointed this detail out, I felt something was a little off but couldn't figure out on my own. All in all, looks really nice though. I would purchase it by looks alone despite my personal opinion that the art style feels slightly uncanny.

The rest looks really cool. This will probably be a game like Dark Souls. If I'm wrong, don't hate me but here are my reasons for now:

1. Kadokawa purchased From Software (Dark Souls developer) in 2014 and From Software has openly said they are not continuing with the Souls IP right now.

2. Bandai Namco teased the game with "Prepare to Dine" slogan.

3. It is a "gruelling action-RPG".

4. It has "monstrous bosses".

5. Descriptions like "challenge" and "sense of accomplishment", and "swords, greatswords, but also hammers and spears".

6. It has an interconnected world.

7. In-game buddy (perhaps multiplayer which is an important part of Souls games will be present)

Whatever the game turns out to be, it has inspiration from multiple games and is looking good so far.

Message 5 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14380 posts

last month

MGA_Gaming wrote:

TeaserTrailer if anyone cares

@MGA_Gaming FYI, when putting in the URL to upload a video set as large more simple to watch video but thinking day 1 buy here!:

Message 6 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
610 posts

last month

Reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul and Deadman Wonderland.  I wish the release day wasn't so far away...

I will be waiting for some gameplay action.

Message 7 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2750 posts

last month
It's not a souls type game. It's just going to be difficult
Message 8 of 9 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6065 posts

last month
There was some news, recently, about a new God Eater game. The weapons here look very much like GE weapons.

Message 9 of 9 (72 Views)
0 Likes