Gaming Beast
1841 posts

Re: Ok so what's the VR really like?

4 days ago

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a lot more confident about buying it now. I've never tried any type of VR before so I'm excited. I know my nieces and nephew will probably be excited to come over and try it too! lol.

Message 11 of 20 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

4 days ago

SuperVixen wrote:

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a lot more confident about buying it now. I've never tried any type of VR before so I'm excited. I know my nieces and nephew will probably be excited to come over and try it too! lol.

I thought i'd let you know before you got a PS VR, when you get it it will come with a physical copy Demo Disc with games on it you can try right out of the box, these are the ones I tried and then I went the next day to the store and picked up a couple VR games.  Also just in case you are looking for a pre-owned or refurbished PS VR make sure you look over the headsets lenses first because some people just do not take care of their stuff, when I was still looking for a PS VR I seen a pre-owned one at a local Disc Replay store and it had deep scratches/gouges taken out of its lenses, which will affect the gameplay experience greatly, so I just waited until I found a brand new one, but anyways I figured I say so you know what to look for just in case you were interested in looking into getting a pre-owned/refurbished one.

Message 12 of 20 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

4 days ago

@SuperVixen If you haven't tried any type of VR then that is good. The Samsung Gear VR and headsets you get for the iPhone are absolutely NOT representative of the VR experience you'll get from a high end VR headset like the PSVR. People who try the phones first are usually the biggest skeptics of PSVR, or the Vive and Rift. PSVR will blow your phone clear out of the water.

Message 13 of 20 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

4 days ago

gamble1082 wrote:

@SuperVixen If you haven't tried any type of VR then that is good. The Samsung Gear VR and headsets you get for the iPhone are absolutely NOT representative of the VR experience you'll get from a high end VR headset like the PSVR. People who try the phones first are usually the biggest skeptics of PSVR, or the Vive and Rift. PSVR will blow your phone clear out of the water.

Agreed, Well said...

Message 14 of 20 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
772 posts

4 days ago

Here is my thing. Need to set it up and calibrate it. ounce done your all set and that small time is worth it. I loved Batman: Arkham VR. Seeing the joker eye to eye like that blew my mind. Immersive in deed.  EVE Valkyrie All I can say is wow and fun.  Space battles where you can littlerly track your enemies with your eyes as they zip by you. Truly a lot of fun and again immersive. Being able to look over my shoulders or above makes a real difference in space battle games.Robinson the Journey is fun. Little lost on what to do next though. Maybe i missed a hint the game gave me. Need to get back into it. My only issue is some of the real roller coater videos when you g fast down hill. It makes my head spin a little but  over time I did get use to it. I find it a quite fun experience.

Message 15 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1120 posts

4 days ago

We just got it today and I love. I have to go slow and only play for a little while each time. I started to get sick pretty quick when I tried drive club.  I couldn't even finish the race lol. Im glad they give you a disc with a bunch of games to try so you can see if something will make you sick.

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 16 of 20 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1841 posts

4 days ago

Minebuddy777 wrote:

SuperVixen wrote:

I thought i'd let you know before you got a PS VR, when you get it it will come with a physical copy Demo Disc with games on it you can try right out of the box, these are the ones I tried and then I went the next day to the store and picked up a couple VR games.  Also just in case you are looking for a pre-owned or refurbished PS VR make sure you look over the headsets lenses first because some people just do not take care of their stuff, when I was still looking for a PS VR I seen a pre-owned one at a local Disc Replay store and it had deep scratches/gouges taken out of its lenses, which will affect the gameplay experience greatly, so I just waited until I found a brand new one, but anyways I figured I say so you know what to look for just in case you were interested in looking into getting a pre-owned/refurbished one.

I would never get a preowned console or VR for that very reason. I don't trust anything preowned unless it's something cheaper like a game. I've heard too many stories of people getting preowned consoles and then having them die on them not too long after.

Message 17 of 20 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1841 posts

4 days ago

ClassicAtariGame wrote:

Here is my thing. Need to set it up and calibrate it. ounce done your all set and that small time is worth it. I loved Batman: Arkham VR. Seeing the joker eye to eye like that blew my mind. Immersive in deed.  EVE Valkyrie All I can say is wow and fun.  Space battles where you can littlerly track your enemies with your eyes as they zip by you. Truly a lot of fun and again immersive. Being able to look over my shoulders or above makes a real difference in space battle games.Robinson the Journey is fun. Little lost on what to do next though. Maybe i missed a hint the game gave me. Need to get back into it. My only issue is some of the real roller coater videos when you g fast down hill. It makes my head spin a little but  over time I did get use to it. I find it a quite fun experience.

You make it sound so exciting I can't wait to get one next week! I would get one today if I could but I have to wait until the 28th. My family is putting in around $150  towards it for me for my birthday.

Message 18 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

4 days ago

Out of all the people to play my PSVR I am the only one to get  nauseated after 10-15 minutes. The rest of them can play for hours. This is bad for me but everyone else loves it.

Beyond that the only downside to it is cable management. Lot of cords to deal with. It will make you wish for a usb on the back of the PS4. I would suggest finding someone with a PSVR or an instore demo to try before buying.

Message 19 of 20 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1120 posts

3 days ago

SuperVixen wrote:

ClassicAtariGame wrote:

You make it sound so exciting I can't wait to get one next week! I would get one today if I could but I have to wait until the 28th. My family is putting in around $150  towards it for me for my birthday.

If you only buy 1 game get Until Dawn Rush Of Blood. It is awesome. Woman Surprised

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 20 of 20 (32 Views)
0 Likes