Ghost of Sparta
14380 posts

Re: Old man looking for RPG/JRPG options!

last month

MightyUnclean wrote:

Ohhhh, is FF XII pretty decent?  Maybe something I should pick up along with XV?

I'm going to wait until Sony maybe has another FF sale to buy XVSmiley Very Happy Them sales and flash sales I save money money money on!

Message 31 of 44 (257 Views)
Fender Bender
3143 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

MightyUnclean wrote:

Ohhhh, is FF XII pretty decent?  Maybe something I should pick up along with XV?

There is a sale right now on the PlayStation store, the flash sale and they have a couple of old school RPGs on sale for $5.99 Wild Arms3 and Dark Cloud  and Dark Cloud 2, FFXll is a preorder but I have XV and its fun, and there is FInal Fantasy Xll for PS4 ported over but make sure you get the correct on there are 2 one for PS4 and one for PS3 I hope you find a gam, e you llike Dragon Age is also fun, but if you could ,I would start witth the the original Dragon Age on the PS3 and work your way thru the story until the new ones on the PS4, like @fostermacation said I would get FFXV on sale, you may fine it at a store cheaper then the PlayStation Store.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 32 of 44 (252 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1127 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Horizon Zero Dawn or Mass Effect. Maybe Dragons Quest Hero's? 

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 33 of 44 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4022 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

@MightyUnclean

FFXII remaster is coming to ps4 in July I think. Gonna be good to go back and actually play it. It came out around the time my son was born and I stopped playing video games for several years. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 44 (232 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

last month

Another old guy. Your pictures looks pretty much like my collection, or ones that I will own at some point. Main difference is I have gotten too lazy to change discs, so my PS4 collection is pure digital.

To the original OP, as someone else has said, I almost always turn the difficulty to easy mode (except for the Souls series, which doesn't have one.) 

I've always enjoyed turn based RPGs, but for the most part don't have any problems with the action based ones. I sucked at fighting, etc. before I got over the hill, but still enjoy the genre. 

I'm playing Witcher 3 right now. It took a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's fine. My fighting tactic in most games is spamming the attack button, so I'm not a great tactician. 

You might also look at Dragonage, which isn't turn based, but does have a mechansim to let you pause and give your party orders during battle. 

Hit me up directly if you have specific questions 

Message 35 of 44 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4022 posts

last month
I recommend Darkest Dungeon. That game is genius.
Message 36 of 44 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

ShadowprophetS wrote:

I've read more than the title Cloud_Rulez,  I took the time to look you up, I read about fifteen of your most recent posts. It seems you rarely ever have anything nice to say to anyone, You seem to be one of those guys that like to provoke others into debates you have no chance of winning. The thing is. The way you handle yourself is kind of sickening to me. It wreaks of teenage aggression and monotheism. Here is the deal. IF you went to college and got a masters degree in any field you chose, you still wouldn't be able to hold a proper, intellectual debate without throwing flames and trolls in the mix.  You just aren't my type of people Cloud_Rulez,  You just aren't in the I'Q over 80 club. 

Please, if you would Find someone to pester who genuinely cares about what you think.  Don't bother people on the internet with your nonsense.    

lol too bad you really didnt' look ME up (well, you did but like 1% of the past decade on these forums lol).... This is a new account just for the forums so i dont' have to deal with 2-step if I don't get on here often enough. I've helped alot of people on here, and I'm usually nice... but I also have this habit of pointing out stupidity. *shrug*

and I'm sure you know who I am and my IQ level or my education simply by some random stupid internet posts..... Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. 

Now, maybe you could make ONE post that ACTUALLY has to do with the topic? Like suggest or talk about even just 1 game ON THE PS4? Since that's what he's going to buy soon...  either way I'm done here. If you want to keep babbling about emulating on a PC, that's up to you.

Message 37 of 44 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14761 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

MightyUnclean wrote:

OK, thanks for all the suggestions guys!  This gives me some hope that I can still have a good time on a console.  I was considering buying a Switch for the new Zelda game, but as the sales guy at Best Buy said, right now it's basically buying a game system for one game.  The PS4 just has such an incredible library to choose from.

Couple of other questions:

The Witcher 3 looks pretty amazing.  How difficult is the combat in that one?

At Best Buy, on the PS4 demo console, the sales guy said they were showing FF XII.  Does that sound right?  Did some new DLC just come out for XII or something?

Thanks!

I'm curious, do you have a Wii U? Breath of the Wild plays pretty good on it as well as it would on the Switch.

Dragon Quest Builders is a pretty good game too, a mix between Dragon Quest and Minecraft.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 38 of 44 (197 Views)
First Son
5 posts

last month

Nope, no Wii U.  I haven't had a console in years and years.  OK, I'll check those out too!

Message 39 of 44 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9586 posts

last month

Ghostwize wrote:

@MightyUnclean

FFXII remaster is coming to ps4 in July I think. Gonna be good to go back and actually play it. It came out around the time my son was born and I stopped playing video games for several years. Smiley Happy

Might be an unpopular opinion, especially here where certain insane people don't think a decent rpg has released since VII, but XII is my favorite FF after VI.

I loved the hunts, the characters, the dungeons, the graphics, the gambit system, pretty much everything. XI gets alot of my love too, I enjoyed it faaaar more than XIV. 

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 40 of 44 (167 Views)