Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2012
By: endustry94 PlayStation MVP 124 posts

PS3 Includes Vita NFS: Most Wanted According to License

[ Edited ]
14 replies 1706 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

On the PSN pre-order, the fine print states...  "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 consoles and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account".  So the PSN purchase agreement states that you are purchasing both console and portable versions.

For comprsion, Assassin Creed III pre-order which is not a vita game (Assassins Creed III Liberation is a different game which is for Vita only and not PS3) specifically states in the purchase agreement, "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account".

Please see the screens below:

psn1.JPG

psn2.JPG

Message 1 of 15 (1,706 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11253 posts

Re: PS3 Includes Vita NFS: Most Wanted According to License

Oct 25, 2012
Don't put too much faith into these technical terms and agreements; more often than not, you'll be screwed over or disappointed.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 2 of 15 (1,670 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Has to be a mistake, I am pretty sure if NFS:MW  was cross buy everyone would know,  just like PS: All Stars Battle Royal.

EA/Criterion using cross buy just sounds too good to be true. I mean I did read a while ago EA might consider it, so maybe they did and just don't feel like announcing it right now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/ea-considering-cross-buy-for-need-for-speed-most-wanted

I wouldn't be surprised if they never annouce it so they sucker people into buying both copies when they don't have to. That sounds more like EA to me.

Message 3 of 15 (1,667 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Oct 25, 2012

To add... I actually called PSN support and the representative advised me that the PS3 version does include the Vita version, however the Vita version (expected retail $39.99) does not include the PS3 version.    Just in case my PS3 pre-order does not include the Vita version  I did record the name of the customer service agent fom PSN support line along with the time call was completed.  From the captured screen shots of the PSN liscense agreement, PS3 version incluses 2 console and 2 portable versions. I'd have to say that a class actrion suit could be expected if the PSN version does not include both.  Also to add...  Sony did collect full payment at the time of pre-order, so I can very well state that a prchase agreement has been agreed upon.

Message 4 of 15 (1,647 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

endustry94 wrote:

To add... I actually called PSN support and the representative advised me that the PS3 version does include the Vita version, however the Vita version (expected retail $39.99) does not include the PS3 version.    Just in case my PS3 pre-order does not include the Vita version  I did record the name of the customer service agent fom PSN support line along with the time call was completed.  From the captured screen shots of the PSN liscense agreement, PS3 version incluses 2 console and 2 portable versions. I'd have to say that a class actrion suit could be expected if the PSN version does not include both.  Also to add...  Sony did collect full payment at the time of pre-order, so I can very well state that a prchase agreement has been agreed upon.

Well considering EA did say they would consider it, I guess they did. I doubt a lawsuit would be needed as they did say that themselves and it does say it now in the pre-order information. So with that I am assuming it is officially Cross Buy now.

I guess EA or Criterion just have not made a big announcement about it, as I said I bet they hope people stupidly buy both, but eh I don' t know maybe they are doing something good for once in a while.

Message 5 of 15 (1,639 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I guess we'll find out how good they actuall are on October 30.  

Message 6 of 15 (1,633 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

endustry94 wrote:

I guess we'll find out how good they actuall are on October 30.  

Well I know EA does some screwed up stuff but that would be pretty hardcore and you very well could sue them for stating that and it doesn't happen. I figure they won't take that chance with all the heat they got from Fifa 13 for the Vita and Wii.. (Not like I expected the Wii one to be amazing.)

I honestly do not know how they weren't sued for selling an old game as new anyway, there must be some loophole they took advantage of. Seeing as Law is pretty crappy as it is anyway, there is always so stupid way to get around robbing people legally.. when it pretty much should be down right illegal.

Message 7 of 15 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I find this really surprising. No to mention the fact that you got customer service to confirm your suspicion. Well great find and lets hope its true on OCT 30!

Message 8 of 15 (1,588 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Oct 25, 2012

If this turns out to be true, I'd consider buying a PS3. Well if Sony makes this a regular thing, not just something to improve sales of the Vita through the holidays.

Thing is, Sony has said they don't want the Vita to have alot of ports. So if that's the case, I don't see many cross buy games coming down the line. Unless you can cross buy with something like Assassin's Creed 3 where they are different games? Then I can see cross buy as something that'll be around and worth buying a PS3.

Message 9 of 15 (1,558 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3643 posts

Oct 26, 2012

This will be sweet if its true! Might make me pick it up sooner than i was going too.

Message 10 of 15 (1,505 Views)
0 Likes