May 18 2017
By: TomatoDragon Treasure Hunter 6055 posts

PS4/PS Vita Exclusive Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Receives Western Release Date

6 replies 93 views Edited 4 days ago

http://www.dualshockers.com/utawarerumono-mask-of-truth-western-release-date/

Atlus has revealed the release date for the conclusion of the Utawarerumono with Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth, now coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on September 5 in North America and Europe.

Following the release on Mask of Deception on May 23, Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth tells the story of a cast of familiar faces as they take on a conniving general who has unlawfully seized the throne of Yamato Empire. The visual novel/SRPG hybrid will last 80+ hours.

In addition, early copies of the game will include a slipcase along with a pillowcase of the game’s heroines, Uruuru and Saraana.

As of right now, North America will receive both a digital and physical release of Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth across PS4 and PS vita. However, Europe will only receive a physical release on the PS4 version, the PS Vita version will be digital only.

Message 1 of 7 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

Re: PS4/PS Vita Exclusive Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Receives Western Release Date

4 days ago

So what the heck is this game?

The little Avatars look really well designed. And I like the character design too.

But I get this feeling that there is something wrong with what I am seeing and I dont know what it is...

Message 2 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6055 posts

Re: PS4/PS Vita Exclusive Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Receives Western Release Date

4 days ago

ZeroEden wrote:

The little Avatars look really well designed. And I like the character design too.

But I get this feeling that there is something wrong with what I am seeing and I dont know what it is...

Part visual novel.  Part turn based rpg.

Message 3 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

4 days ago

TomatoDragon wrote:

ZeroEden wrote:

Part visual novel.  Part turn based rpg.

LOL so I just googled Utawarerumono... Now I know what that feeling was. 

It's ones of those "Special" Japanese games. 

I guess its a pass for me. Too bad too I really like tactical turn based games.

Message 4 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6055 posts

3 days ago
@ZeroEden
"Special?"

Message 5 of 7 (39 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4514 posts

3 days ago

TomatoDragon wrote:
@ZeroEden
"Special?"

If I have to guess I would type that the word would pertain to a certain Filthy Frank song.

Maybe because of the waifu pillowcase (?)

It looks interesting to me but I'm not one for VNs. With me anymore if a game gets too 'talky' I just hit skip and move on; again, I'm blaming my backlog for this.Smiley Tongue

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669 Accounts and Billing 1-877-971-7669
Don't want to call? Try Live Chat
Chat is available: Monday - Saturday 6AM - 10PM, Sunday 8AM - 8PM PST  photo ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Message 6 of 7 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6055 posts

3 days ago
@kisuma1

Well...I love me the pervy games. Always will. Galgun was hilarious, about halfway through Criminal Girls 2, which has excellent character development incidentally. Valkyrie Drive had excellent gameplay, and Gun Gun Pixies up next. Little alien babes in a sorority.

Keep the "special" games coming, Japan. :-)

Message 7 of 7 (23 Views)