Mar 10 2017
By: vargfred First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Remote play for Android?

14 replies 3520 views Edited Mar 10, 2017
Are you planning on releasing a remote play app for mobile and tablet that supports all devices instead of just the experia?
Message 1 of 15 (3,520 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8605 posts

Re: Remote play for Android?

Mar 10, 2017

SIE does not make the app...

Sony mobile still does make the mobile remote play app...

There still independant of each other... 

For now Sony mobile has still locked the app behind a device ID locked installer...

Sony mobile even still have there own forum... 

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 

Message 2 of 15 (3,506 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks
Message 3 of 15 (3,499 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2017

There is a third party that developed a Remote Play app that is identical to the SIE version, but they removed the device ID check.  It takes an extra step or two to setup on your phone, but afterwards it's cake.

The problem with their app is that after a firmware update (like the recent one), sometimes the app needs to be updated before it'll work with your system again.  Since it's been a single guy doing the job with no compensation other than he is making a lot of people happy, the update process is slow.

Just look up "twisted89 and/or APK remote play android"  on google, and you'll find multiple links and directions on how to do it.

Don't expect to be able to play most games without some lag though unless you're on the same network.  I've played games from my office on my Galaxy S4, but only ones that could withstand some imput lag (like FF7).

IIRC, the last time it was updated was November 10th, but I haven't used it since I've moved over to iPhone.  Mainly because of my wife and the stuff we like to send each other is easier on the same phones (and she was unwilling to give up her iPhone, and I'm not really a phone guy so I almost couldn't care less).  

waiting for Remote Play for iPhone...be like:

The restrictions placed on Bethesda mods suck. Horrible job by Sony.

"If you believe English is not a messed up language, just remember that lead and read rhyme and so do lead and read. However lead and read don't rhyme and neither do lead and read.
Message 4 of 15 (3,482 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8605 posts

Mar 10, 2017

Twisted won't be doing the hack for a long long time... likely months and months he has a real life now. So Don't buy Android devices expecting remote play...

There is none...  

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 

Message 5 of 15 (3,475 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2017

GraphiteGB wrote:

Twisted won't be doing the hack for a long long time... likely months and months he has a real life now. So Don't buy Android devices expecting remote play...

There is none...  

Yeh I heard that shortly after his last update, but I think he also mentioned releasing it for someone else to pick up and work on if they wanted?  If I can find that article, I'll post it.

Ok, I must have confused with another app dev that works with the PS4 system (wasn't remote play).  That sucks.  I hope he gets back to it soon, or maybe gets some help to get an android release out there.  

So for now, the only way to do it with an android phone is root it...which I simply won't get into.  Too much "user-beware" **bleep** I rather not get into.  Check somewhere like XDA forums to do that and grab the actual SIE app afterwards to run on it.

The restrictions placed on Bethesda mods suck. Horrible job by Sony.

"If you believe English is not a messed up language, just remember that lead and read rhyme and so do lead and read. However lead and read don't rhyme and neither do lead and read.
Message 6 of 15 (3,469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 10, 2017
Can you root a tablet?
Message 7 of 15 (3,442 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8605 posts

Mar 11, 2017

vargfred wrote:
Can you root a tablet?

Yes you can root a tablet and clone it to be a Sony device...

But many many other apps will not run on them after its rooted and many apps are currently a head of what is currently added to make it root but look not rooted...

If its your only tablet and you have many apps you need to research What apps will run then choose what is worth losing just to have remote play...

IF you are getting a Laptop for college or uni next year  soon it ight be worth looking in getting a Bluetooth 4.0 and quad core I5 or I7 instead and then use that...

Rooting gets complicated when apps you use every day will then not function...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

Message 8 of 15 (3,419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 13, 2017

im sorry but that answer doesnt make sense. sony make the app, but SIE doesnt?  arent they the same company

Message 9 of 15 (3,152 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8605 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2017

aaron_bush_96 wrote:

im sorry but that answer doesnt make sense. sony make the app, but SIE doesnt?  arent they the same company

nope they all run independant...

Sony mobile do not have to talk to SIE, Sony home entertainmant, Sony movie studios or Sony cameras...

Most of the HDTVs are Not made in any sony factories they are BADGED with a sony logo only...

Sony laptops again were independantly made and then BADGED with the Sony logo...

Sony DVD players were Panasonic made and had a new front cover...

SOE before being sold, sold games on the PS2 and PS3 but were still forced to obey SIE Quaily controll to release on SIE platforums.. 

SIEA keep this forum going to keep the spam of the other forums as the spam bots find it first...

SIEA runs independant. from SIEE and SIEJ just because SIEA release a product does not mean SIEE or SIEJ will...

Silver headset as example... is not released in SIEE or SIEJ 

Sony Mobile Coded the android remote play app to sell Sony Mobile Android Phones... they never cared about IOS or samsung mobiles...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

Message 10 of 15 (3,138 Views)
0 Likes