May 15 2017
By: JorgeGarcia1170 First Son 6 posts

We need a PS4-R (One console that plays every PlayStation disc ever made).

32 replies 371 views Edited Last week.

Ok, Sony, since MS is going to out-hardware you with the Scorpio soon, why don't you regain the spotlight for a little while with a brand-new PS4-R? Just make a PS4 (Pro) that has all the redundant hardware components necessary to play EVERY PlayStation disc game ever. Yes, that would require a lot of extra chips, but you could charge more for it, and since Retro gaming/collecting is getting hotter every day, your fans would really go for it.

Message 1 of 33 (371 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29568 posts

Re: We need a PS4-R (One console that plays every PlayStation disc ever made).

[ Edited ]
Last week.

JorgeGarcia1170 wrote:

... but you could charge more for it...

How much are you willing to pay for a fully backwards compatible PlayStation? What about anyone else? A thousand? A thousand five hundred?

Is this a new and original idea? No. Are we going to post the same responses we had posted before in the numerous other threads on this topic? Yes!

My two cents.

Finally, welcome to the forums. Hopefully you'll become a regular here and take the time to interact, share and help your fellow community members.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 33 (364 Views)
MVP Support
11923 posts

[ Edited ]
Last week.

JorgeGarcia1170 wrote:

Ok, Sony, since MS is going to out-hardware you with the Scorpio soon, why don't you regain the spotlight for a little while with a brand-new PS4-R? Just make a PS4 (Pro) that has all the redundant hardware components necessary to play EVERY PlayStation disc game ever. Yes, that would require a lot of extra chips, but you could charge more for it, and since Retro gaming/collecting is getting hotter every day, your fans would really go for it.

Too bad MS won't be able to out-software anyone, particularly when you can buy any XB1 game for PC...

And here we go again, spending $600-1,500 on a new, more powerful console to play 20 year old games.  How does this even make sense to anyone?

Message 3 of 33 (332 Views)
VP of Gaming
30231 posts

Last week.

JorgeGarcia1170 wrote:

Message 4 of 33 (320 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Last week.

There's a lot of good PS3 titles that would be nice to play without having to keep redundant systems plugged into my TV. I'd pay the extra amount for the combo hardware.

Message 5 of 33 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Last week.

I think it's original in the sense that Sony CANNOT credibly release a worthy competitor to the Scorpio any time soon, as they just releaed that dog called the PS4 PRO, and that part of the base would be quite **bleep**. I don't think it would hurt to do this as a semi-gimmick, and at least make some gamers like myself very happy. I'd be willing to pay the -honest- markup for whatever the extra chips and hardware costs over a standard PS4. Nintendo released the classic as a quick-hit gimmick, so what would be the big deal of Sony doing one??? They wouldn't have to stop selling "normal" PS4's just have a variant on the shelf next to it.

Message 6 of 33 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
772 posts

Last week.

5e8.jpg

Message 7 of 33 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
2182 posts

Last week.

JorgeGarcia1170 wrote:

I think it's original in the sense that Sony CANNOT credibly release a worthy competitor to the Scorpio any time soon, as they just releaed that dog called the PS4 PRO, and that part of the base would be quite **bleep**. I don't think it would hurt to do this as a semi-gimmick, and at least make some gamers like myself very happy. I'd be willing to pay the -honest- markup for whatever the extra chips and hardware costs over a standard PS4. Nintendo released the classic as a quick-hit gimmick, so what would be the big deal of Sony doing one??? They wouldn't have to stop selling "normal" PS4's just have a variant on the shelf next to it.

Please, Please,Please, JUST STOP! GO AWAY!

/support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Requesting-a-Refund"> For Refund Inquiries, Cl...
blog.us.playstation.com/">For the latest on everything Playstation, Check out the Blog!ard.psnprofiles.com/1/Res-R-Rex.png">
Message 8 of 33 (257 Views)
Sackboy
356 posts

6 days ago
Why are people already convinced project Scorpio is already a success! A. They don't even know what it looks like and have any idea of the specifications. B. They don't even know what it looks like and have any idea of the specifications. Really, just be patient, we'll see how "better" it is.
Message 9 of 33 (247 Views)
Big Daddy
13254 posts

6 days ago

Image result for in b4 the lock gif

Message 10 of 33 (237 Views)
0 Likes