Welcoming Committee
37756 posts

Re: Welcome to the forums!

2 days ago

Patchex wrote:

I also know the rules and my way around Playstation... they forums are a constant battle because they seem to always be changing because Lithium can't seem to hold it down right. (one reason Sony looked to another company a few years back... yet came back to Litium for some reason... maybe it was a money issue, maybe it was a staff issue... I don't know for sure yet I know it happened.) I say this mainly beause I do see a lot of issues with many MODs, and I hope it gets fixed soon... Another really great reason to have a Community Manager... 

Lithium provided two services back then.

a. The forum itself

b. Moderation/administration

Then Sony switched to Jive.  It was a major change.  The forum switched to Jive and Sony took over the moderation/administration in-house.

Then more recently, Sony went back to Lithium for the forum only.  Sony retained its in-house mod/admin team.  They did not give Lithium a contract for providing the mod/admin support.

The Lithium mod/admin team was the finest I'd ever seen and were exceptionally talented and efficient.  For me it was one of those "stand in awe" type things.  Especially when it came to shun.  I swear that guy was a superhero ninja or something.  Normal human beings can't operate that quickly.  But he wasn't alone.  Everyone had their own flavor of awesome.  The Lithium mod/admin team was far and away the best and most professional team I'd ever seen.  There's just no comparison.

I'm sure the main reason Sony dropped them was money.  Service like that doesn't come cheap.  They saw it as an unnecessary expense, and decided to do it all in-house.

Message 171 of 174 (75 Views)
Fender Bender
3621 posts

2 days ago
@DrGadget Do you know if Litium ran the forums in 2007 and 2008 as well? Also was the forum seperated by region then? Or was the Playstation forum all one unit?
 photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 172 of 174 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37756 posts

Yesterday

I never went to the Europe PSU but Lithium definitely ran the US forums in 2007 and 2008.

Lithium was running the forums when I got here in 2004.  I believe they had been running them the whole time up until then.  I'm over 95% sure of that.  But absolutely in 2007-08.

Message 173 of 174 (46 Views)
Fender Bender
3621 posts

Yesterday

DrGadget wrote:

I never went to the Europe PSU but Lithium definitely ran the US forums in 2007 and 2008.

Lithium was running the forums when I got here in 2004.  I believe they had been running them the whole time up until then.  I'm over 95% sure of that.  But absolutely in 2007-08.

Ok so apparently some of my earlier issues with MODs for Playstation was not on the Litium Boards... unless they also ran the UK (now EU)  forums then... Maybe some of the old issues I saw were with Jive Forums too... Yet I also do know that I have had some issues with Litium Moderations in the past... or maybe just some individuals with access to the Moderation on the forums, maybe conflict of intrest with buddies...  

However  I do understand that Mods are human, and that things pertaining to a forum take time... 

Like you @DrGadget I have a close friend who only speeks highly of the old Litium forum set up before Jive... He says we had some hard *** Mods that were very fair yet very good at their jobs... so I know what you said about that is true because he has never lied to me...

Thanks for clarifiying that for me, I really appreciate it...  

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 174 of 174 (39 Views)
0 Likes