Reply
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
44748 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2014

DrGadget wrote:

I just gave the members list a fresh new look, taking into account the new "MVP Support" position some of our members have been promoted into.

 

As I was just telling SweetPoison13, this is really just a small token of acknowledgment for all the hard work she does around here.  And whether they get any "official" acknowledgment or not, the other members of the Welcoming Committee likes to keep active in several projects as they arise.  This is a great team, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.


I've seen the 'new' title around the Forums for some weeks now, didn't realize it was a 'promotion' though, surely it's more of a recognition of their activity in the support areas

 

Promotion makes it sound like they got a raise lol.

 

Slightly off topic of Dr Gadgets latest response, i'd like to add that I'd like to see the 'WC' get back to it's old roots with members who actually welcome & help people being in it, whilst some indeed do this some, totally do not, the time to get rid of the dead wood in the 'WC' & those that just like the 'WC' name next to their PSN ID on the Forums is well over due in my opinion.

 

Both the 'WC' & the MVP Program for that matter, used to be held in pretty high estemm with respect for the respective members, now, not so much. Such a shame really.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 21 of 202 (7,380 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
14762 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Nov 24, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

I just gave the members list a fresh new look, taking into account the new "MVP Support" position some of our members have been promoted into.

 

As I was just telling SweetPoison13, this is really just a small token of acknowledgment for all the hard work she does around here.  And whether they get any "official" acknowledgment or not, the other members of the Welcoming Committee likes to keep active in several projects as they arise.  This is a great team, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.


I've seen the 'new' title around the Forums for some weeks now, didn't realize it was a 'promotion' though, surely it's more of a recognition of their activity in the support areas

 

Promotion makes it sound like they got a raise lol.

 

Slightly off topic of Dr Gadgets latest response, i'd like to add that I'd like to see the 'WC' get back to it's old roots with members who actually welcome & help people being in it, whilst some indeed do this some, totally do not, the time to get rid of the dead wood in the 'WC' & those that just like the 'WC' name next to their PSN ID on the Forums is well over due in my opinion.

 

Both the 'WC' & the MVP Program for that matter, used to be held in pretty high estemm with respect for the respective members, now, not so much. Such a shame really.

 

BRIT-KO


I second you on that one, Brit. While most of the WC is pretty helpful, there are some (not too many imo) that haven't been lately.


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 22 of 202 (7,372 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Offline
12532 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

I just gave the members list a fresh new look, taking into account the new "MVP Support" position some of our members have been promoted into.

 

As I was just telling SweetPoison13, this is really just a small token of acknowledgment for all the hard work she does around here.  And whether they get any "official" acknowledgment or not, the other members of the Welcoming Committee likes to keep active in several projects as they arise.  This is a great team, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.


I've seen the 'new' title around the Forums for some weeks now, didn't realize it was a 'promotion' though, surely it's more of a recognition of their activity in the support areas

 

Promotion makes it sound like they got a raise lol.

 

Slightly off topic of Dr Gadgets latest response, i'd like to add that I'd like to see the 'WC' get back to it's old roots with members who actually welcome & help people being in it, whilst some indeed do this some, totally do not, the time to get rid of the dead wood in the 'WC' & those that just like the 'WC' name next to their PSN ID on the Forums is well over due in my opinion.

 

Both the 'WC' & the MVP Program for that matter, used to be held in pretty high estemm with respect for the respective members, now, not so much. Such a shame really.

 

BRIT-KO


I second you on that one, Brit. While most of the WC is pretty helpful, there are some (not too many imo) that haven't been lately.


 

You guys can always send me a private message if you would like to discuss the members who you feel don’t do enough for the Welcoming Committee. People have been removed from this program in the past for one reason or another and I believe some people were removed from it not too long ago. Just sayin'

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 23 of 202 (7,312 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
44748 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2014

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

I just gave the members list a fresh new look, taking into account the new "MVP Support" position some of our members have been promoted into.

 

As I was just telling SweetPoison13, this is really just a small token of acknowledgment for all the hard work she does around here.  And whether they get any "official" acknowledgment or not, the other members of the Welcoming Committee likes to keep active in several projects as they arise.  This is a great team, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.


I've seen the 'new' title around the Forums for some weeks now, didn't realize it was a 'promotion' though, surely it's more of a recognition of their activity in the support areas

 

Promotion makes it sound like they got a raise lol.

 

Slightly off topic of Dr Gadgets latest response, i'd like to add that I'd like to see the 'WC' get back to it's old roots with members who actually welcome & help people being in it, whilst some indeed do this some, totally do not, the time to get rid of the dead wood in the 'WC' & those that just like the 'WC' name next to their PSN ID on the Forums is well over due in my opinion.

 

Both the 'WC' & the MVP Program for that matter, used to be held in pretty high estemm with respect for the respective members, now, not so much. Such a shame really.

 

BRIT-KO


I second you on that one, Brit. While most of the WC is pretty helpful, there are some (not too many imo) that haven't been lately.


 

You guys can always send me a private message if you would like to discuss the members who you feel don’t do enough for the Welcoming Committee. People have been removed from this program in the past for one reason or another and I believe some people were removed from it not too long ago. Just sayin'


I appreciate the offer @SweetPoison13 , really i do, & just so you know I have a huge amount of respect for you around here.

 

If I was still a member of either the MVP or WC program's I just may shoot you that PM, but because I am not, I don't think it's my place to be involved, privately or not.

 

Actually having just said I'm going to comment I'm going to go back on that immediately & make just one observation, there are currently 27 members of the WC, there are not 27 active members of the WC. Just saying!

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 24 of 202 (7,270 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/30/2014
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2014

hallo sony somebody try to kick me offline ill give his gamertag **BLEEP**

 

edited to remove blacklisted name. Please do not blacklist in the forums. GuardianBelle

Message 25 of 202 (7,227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/30/2014
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Nov 30, 2014
this was in call of duty advanced warfare on ps4
Message 26 of 202 (7,224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/30/2014
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Nov 30, 2014
is there anything yu can do about this
Message 27 of 202 (7,223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/23/2012
Offline
199 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Jan 11, 2015

I Would Love To Become A Member Of This Community. Smiley Happy I Have A New Laptop, I Am Actually Going To Be On The Forums Often As Possible And I Would Like To Help New&Old Users Alike In Any Way I Can!!! XD

Panache! - Reincarnation!
Message 28 of 202 (6,962 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/18/2009
Offline
3323 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Jan 16, 2015

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 wrote:

I Would Love To Become A Member Of This Community. Smiley Happy I Have A New Laptop, I Am Actually Going To Be On The Forums Often As Possible And I Would Like To Help New&Old Users Alike In Any Way I Can!!! XD


That's great to hear! Smiley Wink

 

Anyone can be helpful on these Forums even without the WC Tag, responding to posts from the Community looking for info/help and Greeting those who are New is just as good, just be active and be positive. Smiley Happy

 

 photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 29 of 202 (6,896 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/04/2015
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Feb 4, 2015

Open Letter to Sony Computer Entertainment as an invested customer and fan.

Dear Sony,

My name is Adesafi Parris. I have been an invested customer of the PlayStation brand going back to the first PlayStation. I have yet to purchase a PlayStation 4 but, I without a doubt have it in the budget for early 2015. As I started looking into how the PlayStation 4 would upgrade my home entertainment center a few questions have come to mind based off some research and my own experience with PlayStation 3. I really envision the PlayStation 4 being able to meet all my entertainment needs. For me when I speak of entertainment I think of Gaming 1st  (the reason I’m a PlayStation fan boy) but I also have a regard for video streaming, music and the social aspects of entertainment. The point of this letter is to share some of my hopes that I have for the PS4 and obtain feedback on what might or might not be plausible.

Currently to feed my demand for entertainment I have an overly complex setup which includes my TV, Verizon fios Box, PS3, Roku 3, Sony Blu-ray Entertainment Surround Sound and a XBOX 360(sorry). My desire is that the addition of a PS4 would help me to simplify my setup and allow me to cut the cable on devices that would become redundant. I’m not sure based off what I know my desire to cut the cable can be fully met.

I believe I can confidently say I won’t need my PS3 or XBOX any longer because of PlayStation Now. I know I won’t need to keep my PS3 even though PS4 isn’t backwards compatible because a whole library of my favorite PS3 games will be available to me. I know I can already do without my XBOX 360 because I rarely use it to begin with. I got it because most of my friends also had one and at the time the 360 online experiences was superior to that of PSN because of how easy and often you connected and played with friends.  I now hear from most of my friends who have moved on to the next generation that is no longer the case and the interactive experience on the PlayStation is just as good if not better than Xbox Live, because of how fluid the sharing features are. I have also read that the social experience is much better because of the increase in people using mic’s on PS4 and how much easier it is to stay connected with friends. Lastly and most importantly the lineup of exclusives for PS4 is far better than what Xbox has coming (never really been into the Halo series). In terms of the gaming portion of entertainment PlayStation seems to have all that I would already want.

The gaming portion of the PS4 is already setup for me to make the jump but, keeping me entertained consist of more than just gaming. Music is a big part of who I am and I have an appreciation for all forms of genres. Currently, I have the Sony Blu-ray Surround Sound as my device of choice to play music. I can connect my phone with Bluetooth technology and play music through my Spotify and iTunes apps. I know my Blu-ray can’t be totally replaced by my PS4 because, it is a part of my surround sound which, is vital to my entertainment setup. That being said I still wish for the PS4 to have the capability to connect to my phone through Bluetooth, or have the ability to download a Spotify app off the PlayStation Store. Being an all in one entertainment center is important to me because I’ve had the painful experience of having to unplug and rewire devices based off what I used last. It’s an unpleasant process to say the least and, I would love to make it a distant memory of how I used to do things. Also in terms of music Radio apps such as Pandora, iHeart, and Sirius xm would be great additions to the PlayStation Store.

 

Lastly part of the entertainment experience that is tantamount to gaming in how I plan to spend my time on the PlayStation 4 is the video streaming apps. The PlayStation already has a great foundation with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon which covers a large portion of the great shows and movies of times past and present. Also the NBA, MLB and NHL apps make it possible to get part of my sports fix but apps like NFL Now and Espn would be great additions to the lineup. Lastly what I think would be beyond amazing is if the PS4 had the capability to stream live TV from my cable box. If this couldn’t work what would be just as good a consolation prize was if all the networks (which is most) that already have web and mobile apps would also bring that same content to the PlayStation 4 platform. I think it could be beneficial to all parties especially with the growth in the PlayStation 4 community. I believe if Networks like HBO, Amazon, and FX were to get behind this the rest would follow.   

                Like I started off by saying I am an invested consumer/fan of the PlayStation brand and, nothing would be better than for the brand that has been so much a part of my childhood to continue to grow with me as I grow. My hope is that the purchase of the PlayStation 4 would render all my other entertainment devices useless and allow me to start cutting the cords. Thank you for taking the time to read this open letter. I would love to get feedback and hear if any of this is at all plausible.

Message 30 of 202 (6,738 Views)
Reply
0 Likes