MVP Support
14612 posts

Re: Welcome to the forums!

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2015

Safi_Parris wrote:

Spoiler

Open Letter to Sony Computer Entertainment as an invested customer and fan.

Dear Sony,

My name is Adesafi Parris. I have been an invested customer of the PlayStation brand going back to the first PlayStation. I have yet to purchase a PlayStation 4 but, I without a doubt have it in the budget for early 2015. As I started looking into how the PlayStation 4 would upgrade my home entertainment center a few questions have come to mind based off some research and my own experience with PlayStation 3. I really envision the PlayStation 4 being able to meet all my entertainment needs. For me when I speak of entertainment I think of Gaming 1st  (the reason I’m a PlayStation fan boy) but I also have a regard for video streaming, music and the social aspects of entertainment. The point of this letter is to share some of my hopes that I have for the PS4 and obtain feedback on what might or might not be plausible.

Currently to feed my demand for entertainment I have an overly complex setup which includes my TV, Verizon fios Box, PS3, Roku 3, Sony Blu-ray Entertainment Surround Sound and a XBOX 360(sorry). My desire is that the addition of a PS4 would help me to simplify my setup and allow me to cut the cable on devices that would become redundant. I’m not sure based off what I know my desire to cut the cable can be fully met.

I believe I can confidently say I won’t need my PS3 or XBOX any longer because of PlayStation Now. I know I won’t need to keep my PS3 even though PS4 isn’t backwards compatible because a whole library of my favorite PS3 games will be available to me. I know I can already do without my XBOX 360 because I rarely use it to begin with. I got it because most of my friends also had one and at the time the 360 online experiences was superior to that of PSN because of how easy and often you connected and played with friends.  I now hear from most of my friends who have moved on to the next generation that is no longer the case and the interactive experience on the PlayStation is just as good if not better than Xbox Live, because of how fluid the sharing features are.

I have also read that the social experience is much better because of the increase in people using mic’s on PS4 and how much easier it is to stay connected with friends. Lastly and most importantly the lineup of exclusives for PS4 is far better than what Xbox has coming (never really been into the Halo series). In terms of the gaming portion of entertainment PlayStation seems to have all that I would already want.

The gaming portion of the PS4 is already setup for me to make the jump but, keeping me entertained consist of more than just gaming. Music is a big part of who I am and I have an appreciation for all forms of genres. Currently, I have the Sony Blu-ray Surround Sound as my device of choice to play music. I can connect my phone with Bluetooth technology and play music through my Spotify and iTunes apps.

I know my Blu-ray can’t be totally replaced by my PS4 because, it is a part of my surround sound which, is vital to my entertainment setup. That being said I still wish for the PS4 to have the capability to connect to my phone through Bluetooth, or have the ability to download a Spotify app off the PlayStation Store. Being an all in one entertainment center is important to me because I’ve had the painful experience of having to unplug and rewire devices based off what I used last. It’s an unpleasant process to say the least and, I would love to make it a distant memory of how I used to do things. Also in terms of music Radio apps such as Pandora, iHeart, and Sirius xm would be great additions to the PlayStation Store.

Lastly part of the entertainment experience that is tantamount to gaming in how I plan to spend my time on the PlayStation 4 is the video streaming apps. The PlayStation already has a great foundation with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon which covers a large portion of the great shows and movies of times past and present. Also the NBA, MLB and NHL apps make it possible to get part of my sports fix but apps like NFL Now and Espn would be great additions to the lineup. Lastly what I think would be beyond amazing is if the PS4 had the capability to stream live TV from my cable box. If this couldn’t work what would be just as good a consolation prize was if all the networks (which is most) that already have web and mobile apps would also bring that same content to the PlayStation 4 platform. I think it could be beneficial to all parties especially with the growth in the PlayStation 4 community. I believe if Networks like HBO, Amazon, and FX were to get behind this the rest would follow.   

Like I started off by saying I am an invested consumer/fan of the PlayStation brand and, nothing would be better than for the brand that has been so much a part of my childhood to continue to grow with me as I grow. My hope is that the purchase of the PlayStation 4 would render all my other entertainment devices useless and allow me to start cutting the cords. Thank you for taking the time to read this open letter. I would love to get feedback and hear if any of this is at all plausible.

Hi Safi_Parris,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing. But those of us who are in the Welcoming Committee are volunteers, same with MVP's. We don't work for Sony. So posting this letter here won't really make any real difference. 

What you've mentioned in regards to the PS4 would be great, and hopefully Sony integrates something such as that some day.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 31 of 174 (6,294 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2015

i need help with error code 56d85bb8 ?/?

Message 32 of 174 (6,195 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14612 posts

Feb 17, 2015

HantonBoi4Lyfe wrote:

i need help with error code 56d85bb8 ?/?

Hi HantonBoi4Lyfe,

What system are you having the error on (Vita, PS3, PS4)?

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 33 of 174 (6,191 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23360 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2016

i have to be honest..

having a "welcome to the forums" thread in the support section..  is like having a "welcome to the store" table set up at the back of a store.Smiley Indifferent

Shouldn't this be in the Playstation General as a Sticky Thread? .. a chance for new users to introduce themselves if they want

also i think the Forum rules and Regulations thread should also be a sticky thread as well.. right on top of the playstation general- so most can see and be aware of the rules/regulations of this forums

actually.. i think the rules and regulations should be sticky on top of each section of this forum

@PSForumMods 

What Are Internet TROLLS and STALKERS ??
Before you Game Share Read Me
Can Not add funds to your Wallet ? Read me
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 174 (6,142 Views)
Sackboy
463 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2015

Hey ya, I hope I'm on the right thread. I'm new here  and i have a question, please.

I posted on... Your Current View of the PS Forums (OT).

However, my post was deleted / missing. It's just not there any more. I am just curious what happened to it.

Did I did something wrong? If I did, then I'm sorry. Thing is I'm not sure what it was that I did wrong cause no one explained it to me. It would be nice to know so that I will not do it again.

Thank you for reading and responding. Appreciate it much.

photo BATMAN SIGNAL 103_zpsjaz5j8ff.gif
Message 35 of 174 (5,552 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23360 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2015

StarsGazing wrote:

Spoiler

Hey ya, I hope I'm on the right thread. I'm new here  and i have a question, please.

However, my post was deleted / missing. It's just not there any more. I am just curious what happened to it.

Did I did something wrong? If I did, then I'm sorry. Thing is I'm not sure what it was that I did wrong cause no one explained it to me. It would be nice to know so that I will not do it again.

i don't read every single thread on this forums.. but from what i understand.. often they are going by the rules of what to delete

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/Rules-of-Conduct-amp-Forum-Guideli...

did you blacklisted anyone or did something that violated the rules?..

usually they will delete it and send you a warning..

i got a few warnings for some of the pictures i posted.. ..  i was told to think of this place as a place for all ages..

so pretty much keep it clean and contents must suitable for kids as well...

What Are Internet TROLLS and STALKERS ??
Before you Game Share Read Me
Can Not add funds to your Wallet ? Read me
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 36 of 174 (5,537 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43758 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2015

StarsGazing wrote:

@StarsGazing

You're not on the right Thread, you should have created a new one, but don't worry about it, people have done far worse around here lol Smiley Wink

Please send a PM to @PSForumMods to ask them why your post was removed.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 37 of 174 (5,526 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2015

dulun18 wrote:

StarsGazing wrote:

Spoiler

i don't read every single thread on this forums.. but from what i understand.. often they are going by the rules of what to delete

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/Rules-of-Conduct-amp-Forum-Guideli...

i got a few warnings for some of the pictures i posted.. ..  i was told to think of this place as a place for all ages..

No, I did not blacklisted anyone. I do not think my post violated anything. And no, no one send me anything explaining / warning. So I was just curious / wandering what happened to my post.

Thanks for responding. Appreciate it much.

Message 38 of 174 (5,507 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

May 3, 2015

BRIT-KO wrote:

StarsGazing wrote:

@StarsGazing

You're not on the right Thread, you should have created a new one, but don't worry about it, people have done far worse around here lol Smiley Wink

Please send a PM to @PSForumMods to ask them why your post was removed.

BRIT-KO

Opsie... sorry.

It's ok I guess. Since I receive no warning, guess I did not violate any rules. Must be a glitch then.

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it much.

Message 39 of 174 (5,506 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43758 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2015

StarsGazing wrote:

Spoiler
dulun18 wrote:

StarsGazing wrote:

Spoiler

No, I did not blacklisted anyone. I do not think my post violated anything. And no, no one send me anything explaining / warning. So I was just curious / wandering what happened to my post.

Thanks for responding.

@StarsGazing

Please see my response above.

Ignore that, you were responding at the same time I was lol.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 40 of 174 (5,500 Views)
0 Likes