Reply
First Son
Registered: 05/09/2015
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

May 9, 2015
It does not support regular speakers, either.
Message 21 of 35 (967 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/02/2015
Offline
855 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

May 9, 2015

Thats what  you get mic losers!

Im a sonic the hedgehog fan that plays shooter games.
Message 22 of 35 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/22/2009
Online
6065 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

May 9, 2015
Message 23 of 35 (945 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/19/2015
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Jul 19, 2015

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous.

 

I could care less about headsets.

 

It's 2015, and people don't want superflous peripherals and cables.  I use my PS4 while traveling, and this often means I'm stuck with a computer monitor with poor or often no speakers.  I always have a good sounding bluetooth speaker with me that it would be great to use, but that aint happening unless I bring a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable with me, which is a completely useless thing to have otherwise.  And it's hanging off the controller and getting in my way.  

 

 

Message 24 of 35 (731 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/29/2014
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Jul 19, 2015

SoundmanMike wrote:

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous.

 

I could care less about headsets.

 

It's 2015, and people don't want superflous peripherals and cables.  I use my PS4 while traveling, and this often means I'm stuck with a computer monitor with poor or often no speakers.  I always have a good sounding bluetooth speaker with me that it would be great to use, but that aint happening unless I bring a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable with me, which is a completely useless thing to have otherwise.  And it's hanging off the controller and getting in my way.  

 

 


Then I guess you won't be listening to anything, huh?

Message 25 of 35 (725 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/31/2014
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Sep 6, 2015
It's only because sony wants you to use there headsets
Message 26 of 35 (589 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/11/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Jan 28, 2016
Why dont you jus use spotify you can use your phone to change to the next song an still play your game
Message 27 of 35 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4541 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Jan 28, 2016

HenryDJP wrote:

Aftcomet wrote:

I just find it a unacceptable that such a basic feature would be disabled for no reason. A next gen console that already has built in Bluetooth can't use it.

 

Why can't I use a bluetooth headset for voice chat? Why can't I use the Sony Bluetooth Media Remote?

 

Does Sony have any intentions of bringing bluetooth functionality? PS3 has it, no reason PS4 shouldn't.


While I appreciate you creating a thread requesting for more features added to the PS4, your thread title is very misleading. The PS4 does in fact support Bluetooth, maybe just not for voice chat headsets. I can easily connect my Bluetooth keyboard to my PS4 and post texts on Playstation Live. Connects easily without issue. So it DOES support Bluetooth so please change your thread title.


 

Unfortunately though, that's what makes this situation all the more worse.  It would have been one thing had Sony for cost cutting reasons removed the hardware to support Bluetooth, but instead they just purposefully crippled its use to force users to buy new headsets, among many other software options the PS3 has that the PS4 doesn't.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 28 of 35 (298 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Jan 28, 2016

HenryDJP wrote:

Aftcomet wrote:

I just find it a unacceptable that such a basic feature would be disabled for no reason. A next gen console that already has built in Bluetooth can't use it.

 

Why can't I use a bluetooth headset for voice chat? Why can't I use the Sony Bluetooth Media Remote?

 

Does Sony have any intentions of bringing bluetooth functionality? PS3 has it, no reason PS4 shouldn't.


While I appreciate you creating a thread requesting for more features added to the PS4, your thread title is very misleading. The PS4 does in fact support Bluetooth, maybe just not for voice chat headsets. I can easily connect my Bluetooth keyboard to my PS4 and post texts on Playstation Live. Connects easily without issue. So it DOES support Bluetooth so please change your thread title.


 

I disagree.

 

If a tv could only output the color blue, I would not consider it a "Color" tv.

 

Bluetooth is a standard, generally a device which supports the Bluetooth standard would support standard bluetooth devices, the PS4 does not.

 

So you can say it does support 1 or 2 bluettoh devices, but the standard itself is not supported.

 

Thread title can remain, thanx.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 29 of 35 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/05/2006
Online
8617 posts
 

Re: Will the PS4 EVER support Bluetooth?

Jan 28, 2016

Excepy BT4.0 is not a single standard which is why devices are DROPPING it for a single standard called wifi direct.... one single system... under one wifi direct logo...

 

BT 4.0 has many many systems and standards not limited to..

HSP

HFP

A2DP

APT-X

 

There is not one standard for BT and has not been for a long time... and as more "BT" headsets release more "standards" that are not supported get released...

 

 

 

 




SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester



From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 


Message 30 of 35 (255 Views)
0 Likes