First Son
8 posts

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

No, he does not.  The content does not belong to the banned user.  What was purchased was a license to the content, and that license remains active as long as the user is in good standing and follows the Terms of Service.  If the user does not all licenses are revoked.  You'll find this out if or when you get a driver's license - it does NOT belong to you.

And of course you can create a new account.....and pay for another subscription.....and pay to purchase all previously purchased licenses to games on the banned account.  Sounds like a great deal of time and trouble to avoid following the rules.  You make no sense.

You may also want to learn the definition of "elitist", maybe an adult can help you.  You may also want to read the Terms of Service for using the Playstation Network since you demonstrate a clear lack of understanding how anything works.5

I am not talking about avoiding the rules. I am talking about recovering some of his investment. I understand if you dont like the method.  I dont really care.  Telling me i need an adult to explain the definition of a word clearly shows the kind of maturity you actually have.

But to your original point. You will never see me again if i initiate back charges. ROFLMAO. I am seriously rolling on the floor laughing.   Oh thats right you backtracked on that immediatly and then proceded to bash some other point you didnt approve of.  Wow so classy.

Message 21 of 28 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 20, 2017

Greed comes into play because it forces you to buy everything you want all over again. If you got deals using playstation network buying digital copies of things, you'd be out of luck. 

Message 22 of 28 (125 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29568 posts

Mar 20, 2017

PGSP213 wrote:

See, I'm not going to come here complaining about being banned. I know I'm banned, and I've come to accept that I cannot (moreso they won't) unban the account. And that's perfectly fine.  

It appears to me that you have come here to complain about being banished and that you haven't accepted it.

What you should have done was to actually accept your current fate and to learn from it.

You deserve what you have earned.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 23 of 28 (107 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Mar 20, 2017
Do I need to stop what I'm doing wrong and avoid future PSN account to be in jepardy of getting unfair banned. I wish Sony will allowed me to either start a new PSN account or is this ban dodging.I have been playing single player games on my PS4 and on the PS3 non stop.
Message 24 of 28 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Mar 21, 2017

vfr_800_rider wrote:

lildoza04 wrote:

I honestly think they should offer a name change option before a permaban. I've never been banned, but I sure would love to change my username, seeing as I've had the same one since the ps2 when I was in high school, and a change is probably in order. It's not costly or time consuming to allow someone to change their username. So why not make it an option?

I agree people should take the terms seriously and not create racist or offensive names so everyone can enjoy the service. I just don't think it would be difficult for Sony to quit being greedy and give people alternatives rather than having to buy all their stuff all over again. That's all it is: Greed.

It has nothing to do with cost or time right now - the ability does not exist to simply change the PSN ID the way the current database is designed and structured.  Of course, the time and cost would come into play if and when a new database is designed and implemented.

And greed comes into the equation how, exactly?

I have to start callign b.s. on that argument, for the simple fact that they've already let people change their PSN names in rare instances. So obviously it CAN be done.

Message 25 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3892 posts

Mar 21, 2017

:^/ When creating an account with PSN, there is a User Agreement that you have to agree to. If you click the "I Accept" button without reading the agreement, it is binding just the same. I recommend that you find that and read through it. If there is a clause in there about getting three warnings for each offense, then you  should remind Sony of that. If there isn't, well, there's your answer.

My take on this is that you broke a promise to Sony even as you were making it, and knew it at the time. Now that it's caught up with you, it's time to move on.

Message 26 of 28 (77 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4679 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2017

My thoughts on PSN banning is, As long as they disclose the terms for banning Great!  To many idiots think they can do what ever they wish. No one complains about the terms being to harsh until they get caught. I have yet to see any posts here on the forum until after the fact. I do see people try to gain sympathy to change the rules after the fact.

It's hard to know how to take post about bans The Ijihad user failed to disclose he was offered a chance to change his user name and that it was offered only because it was part of his REAL name!  But he refused thinking because it was part of his real name he could force PSN to let him continue to use it.  Bringing attention to it over the web. With I lost my account and every thing i paid for by using my real name! Its worked as many felt bad for this person until it was disclosed that this person was offered a name change but out of arrogance refused for the sake of using Jihad in the name.

It's simply to late now, these are PSN rules. Members here on the forums don't make them. Nor do they have the ability to or reason to want to change them. It's no doubt you made a name for the lolz. It's bad you lost your account and games. It's bad your only choice is to make a new account and name and start over.  Rules simply don't matter and there is no reason to change them if you JUST FOLLOW them.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it! Elite Dangerous is coming June 27th to PS4
Message 27 of 28 (61 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4679 posts

Mar 21, 2017

lildoza04 wrote:

Greed comes into play because it forces you to buy everything you want all over again. If you got deals using playstation network buying digital copies of things, you'd be out of luck. 

Its NOT Greed it's a Punishment and deterrence to stop a bad behavior. They do not want you to rebuy anything they want you not to use bad judgement and behavior! Its so sad that some have to be forced to do so.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it! Elite Dangerous is coming June 27th to PS4
Message 28 of 28 (58 Views)
0 Likes