Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/09/2017
Online
383 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 2, 2017
I agree with this as well and may be force to buying games for both my PS3 and PS4 console will be take back to EB games.I think three strikes is a good idea instead of banning automatcily.
Message 11 of 28 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/01/2017
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Why is it that  when somebody breaks the rules and gets caught, they then think that the rules need changed? Specifically just to bypass, eliminate or change the reason they got caught for? You were suppossed to read AND agree to the ToU and the CoC when making your account. YOU obviously did and didn't care because you made a PSN ID you thought was funny, but knew it was against the rules. Sony made THEIR RULES for THEIR FORUMS AND THEIR NETWORK. Don't like them? Make YOUR OWN FORUMS, YOUR NETWORK  and then, YOU CAN MAKE THE RULES.


You seem to be very angry. I broke the rules. I didn't "get caught" because I wasn't hiding from them. I genuinely did not believe when I was making that username that it would be considered offensive. I was wrong. And again, I was not trying to "bypass, elimiate or change the reason..." I admit my mistake now that I realize it was wrong. I did not obviously and intentially break any rules. I am guilty of creating a PSN ID that I thought would be funny but alas, it wasn't. 

 

Saying to me to "Make your own forums. Your network. And then, you can make the rules." is a little redundant in this. You and everyone else on earth, knows I do not have the time, funding, resources, skill or ability to do such a thing. So, this isn't a viable option. 

 

Simply asking people their opinion and view did not mean I was welcoming "angered" responses, but sure - if you have such a grudge against those who are banned, whether it's lack of knowledge, innnocence, guilt or all - is up to you. Ignorance in my instant, was not an excuse for avoiding a ban, and I admit that. However, your post is that sure fire - that I would assume you have never, ever broken a rule. And that you've read every single word in the entire PSN TOS. And if so, I take my hat off to you. And if not, then I stand corrected.

Message 12 of 28 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/01/2017
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

vfr_800_rider wrote:

When you rule the world you can decide what is fair punishment or not.

 

Until then would you be willing to bear the costs associated with monitoring, cataloguing and enforcing some kind of three strike rule?  This isn't kindergarten - gaming is a luxury item.  How hard can it possibly be to follow the rules?  Apparently very hard for some who then whine and complain about rules being too strict.

 

And personally I love what you describe as the German approach - "No" and "hang up".  This should be applied universally until adults wake up and stop behaving like spoiled children.


 

The rules are NOT too strict. But the punishment is. There is a difference. And supporting the terrible customer service that is PSN Germany with their poor approach - is not a good thing. Did you know when you call them for actual product support - they still hang up on you. Even if you are not banned. So genuine customers are being pushed aside here. And nobody is acting like a spoiled child, when someone is met with a punishment that is not equal or balanced to the offense, then it is right to ask for a little assistance. 

 

I've not once said I did nothing wrong - I've admitted my guilt, and I know now what I did was a stupid choice. And I'm not defending my actions here, I'm defending my right to believe that the punishment is not a balanced approach.

Message 13 of 28 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/01/2017
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

ne1atall wrote:

A name change option won't discourage immature idiots from making offensive names.

 

It would actually encourage it. 

 

Grow up and accept the consequences. You knew the chances you were taking.


 

The name change option would be an option provided by Sony at customer support level - not on the console as a way to avoid punishment. I would support the idea of a platform that if and only if someone made a username that was offensive, Sony could suspend the account until the owner of the account receives an email with a link to allow a name change. 

 

The idea of allowing customers and players to perform this at their own will would be an awful approach. But through the method mentioned above, I think this would be a much better idea. 

Message 14 of 28 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/20/2013
Offline
2187 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

PGSP213 wrote:

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Why is it that  when somebody breaks the rules and gets caught, they then think that the rules need changed? Specifically just to bypass, eliminate or change the reason they got caught for? You were suppossed to read AND agree to the ToU and the CoC when making your account. YOU obviously did and didn't care because you made a PSN ID you thought was funny, but knew it was against the rules. Sony made THEIR RULES for THEIR FORUMS AND THEIR NETWORK. Don't like them? Make YOUR OWN FORUMS, YOUR NETWORK  and then, YOU CAN MAKE THE RULES.


You seem to be very angry. I broke the rules. I didn't "get caught" because I wasn't hiding from them. I genuinely did not believe when I was making that username that it would be considered offensive. I was wrong. And again, I was not trying to "bypass, elimiate or change the reason..." I admit my mistake now that I realize it was wrong. I did not obviously and intentially break any rules. I am guilty of creating a PSN ID that I thought would be funny but alas, it wasn't. 

 

Saying to me to "Make your own forums. Your network. And then, you can make the rules." is a little redundant in this. You and everyone else on earth, knows I do not have the time, funding, resources, skill or ability to do such a thing. So, this isn't a viable option. 

 

Simply asking people their opinion and view did not mean I was welcoming "angered" responses, but sure - if you have such a grudge against those who are banned, whether it's lack of knowledge, innnocence, guilt or all - is up to you. Ignorance in my instant, was not an excuse for avoiding a ban, and I admit that. However, your post is that sure fire - that I would assume you have never, ever broken a rule. And that you've read every single word in the entire PSN TOS. And if so, I take my hat off to you. And if not, then I stand corrected.


Not angry, tired of people, such as yourself who cannot comprehend the rules you agree to. Yes you did intentionaly break the rules by not adhering to what you agreed to. It might have been funny to you  but it wasn't to someone else. This is how it works, ou get caught, you get punished, not try to twist the system so it suits your purpose. And your assumption that I have never broken any rules? Wrong, I have broke rules and facedthe consequences. Also, if you don't have time, money OR the resources to make your own network, follow the rules of the one you use. It is really VERY SIMPLE TO DO.

Message 15 of 28 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
19726 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

PGSP213 wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

When you rule the world you can decide what is fair punishment or not.

 

Until then would you be willing to bear the costs associated with monitoring, cataloguing and enforcing some kind of three strike rule?  This isn't kindergarten - gaming is a luxury item.  How hard can it possibly be to follow the rules?  Apparently very hard for some who then whine and complain about rules being too strict.

 

And personally I love what you describe as the German approach - "No" and "hang up".  This should be applied universally until adults wake up and stop behaving like spoiled children.


 

The rules are NOT too strict. But the punishment is. There is a difference. And supporting the terrible customer service that is PSN Germany with their poor approach - is not a good thing. Did you know when you call them for actual product support - they still hang up on you. Even if you are not banned. So genuine customers are being pushed aside here. And nobody is acting like a spoiled child, when someone is met with a punishment that is not equal or balanced to the offense, then it is right to ask for a little assistance. 

 

I've not once said I did nothing wrong - I've admitted my guilt, and I know now what I did was a stupid choice. And I'm not defending my actions here, I'm defending my right to believe that the punishment is not a balanced approach.


So let's understand this and take it another step - you have no problem with the rules, but you chose to break them anyway?  And your issue is with the punishment.  Seems that the current punishment was not severe enough to have prevented you from breaking the rules in the first place, and now you are arguing to have them lessened?

 

Somehow nothing of what you write makes any sense.

 

"Equal" and "balanced" are subjective - you believe your opinion on severity is better than SONY's.  Funnily enough they have scads and scads of experience dealing with the millions and millions of gamers on their network - yes, THEIR network.  They built it, they run it so they get to decide what the rules are and what punishment goes with those rules.  And that means implementing whatever they believe, in their experience, is best for ALL gamers, not just the ones who believe they should do what they want and who believe they should determine their own punishment.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 16 of 28 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/03/2017
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2017

Alot of elitist BS in this thread. PSN bans are NOT always the banned consumers fault!  You guys are foolish and naive if you think SOny's "system" works without mistake. Facts are accounts get hacked sometimes and things get done.  It has been proven and will be proven again that SOny cannot ever secure your information. There network has more holes than swiss cheese.  You may not b able to recover your account but you sure can back charge sony via your bank for products you have purchased. Just need to prove to the bank that Sony is denying access.  For those of you who think this is BS. I have already started recovering the 1500 i Invested into my PS4. I will be able to backcharge around 4-500. I also will be able to sue if I choose for some or all of the remainder.  They can ban your account and deny you access to thier network but they cannot deny you acces to aready paid for content. Aka, offline games that dont need PSN access and things similar to this. Dont be fooled into tjinking you have no power in this situation. The only lack of power you have is if you dont do anything about it.

 

Message 17 of 28 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
19726 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

vile_liquid wrote:

Alot of elitist BS in this thread. PSN bans are NOT always the banned consumers fault!  You guys are foolish and naive if you think SOny's "system" works without mistake. Facts are accounts get hacked sometimes and things get done.  It has been proven and will be proven again that SOny cannot ever secure your information. There network has more holes than swiss cheese.  You may not b able to recover your account but you sure can back charge sony via your bank for products you have purchased. Just need to prove to the bank that Sony is denying access.  For those of you who think this is BS. I have already started recovering the 1500 i Invested into my PS4. I will be able to backcharge around 4-500. I also will be able to sue if I choose for some or all of the remainder.  They can ban your account and deny you access to thier network but they cannot deny you acces to aready paid for content. Aka, offline games that dont need PSN access and things similar to this. Dont be fooled into tjinking you have no power in this situation. The only lack of power you have is if you dont do anything about it.

 


You clearly have no clue, do you?  At least you won't be back after you initiate all the chargebacks you mention.  Bye.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 18 of 28 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/03/2017
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2017

vfr_800_rider wrote:

You clearly have no clue, do you?  At least you won't be back after you initiate all the chargebacks you mention.  Bye.


Lol,.

 

You must be 100% correct because there is no way i can make a different PSn account. Roflmao.

 

Btw, i have setup and prepared to backcharge. I have not had the bank proceed as of yet. I will give Sony more time to resolve my personal issue.

 

My statement was for the OP. He made a mistake and yes Sony can permanantly ban him from there sytem. Atleast on that account. But he does have a right to get back money that he spent on content he is being denied access too. Haveing the elitist attitude  that he deserves a lifetime permanent ban for a vulgar name is absurd. Recover as much money as you can and just open a different PSN account. Dont listen to lies regarding, "you broke rules and  thre is nothing you can do",. rofl.

Message 19 of 28 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2010
Online
19726 posts
 

Re: Your thoughts on PSN Banning?

Mar 3, 2017

vile_liquid wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

You clearly have no clue, do you?  At least you won't be back after you initiate all the chargebacks you mention.  Bye.


Lol,.

 

You must be 100% correct because there is no way i can make a different PSn account. Roflmao.

 

Btw, i have setup and prepared to backcharge. I have not had the bank proceed as of yet. I will give Sony more time to resolve my personal issue.

 

My statement was for the OP. He made a mistake and yes Sony can permanantly ban him from there sytem. Atleast on that account. But he does have a right to get back money that he spent on content he is being denied access too. Haveing the elitist attitude  that he deserves a lifetime permanent ban for a vulgar name is absurd. Recover as much money as you can and just open a different PSN account. Dont listen to lies regarding, "you broke rules and  thre is nothing you can do",. rofl.


No, he does not.  The content does not belong to the banned user.  What was purchased was a license to the content, and that license remains active as long as the user is in good standing and follows the Terms of Service.  If the user does not all licenses are revoked.  You'll find this out if or when you get a driver's license - it does NOT belong to you.

 

And of course you can create a new account.....and pay for another subscription.....and pay to purchase all previously purchased licenses to games on the banned account.  Sounds like a great deal of time and trouble to avoid following the rules.  You make no sense.

 

You may also want to learn the definition of "elitist", maybe an adult can help you.  You may also want to read the Terms of Service for using the Playstation Network since you demonstrate a clear lack of understanding how anything works.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 20 of 28 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes