Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

E3 2017 PlayStation VR Games

[ Edited ]
last month

I would like to see a Time Crisis or a House Of The Dead type game at this year at E3 for PlayStation VR.

Any thoughts...?

MOD EDIT: Merged with existing thread. -minako85v
Gamer & Streamer.
www.cgnchriskiller.com
Message 11 of 26 (343 Views)
MVP Support
11926 posts

Re: E3 2017 PlayStation VR Games

last month
The ability to play Battlefront II completely via PSVR (not just a specific mission or game type that it sounds like Criterion is currently working on for the game).
Message 12 of 26 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1593 posts

Re: psvr predictions at e3, and warning signs when sony abandoned

[ Edited ]
last month

OGPooh wrote:

I've said since before it launched that it wouldn't last long. Optional hardware never does. Without a big installed user base, developers are not going to spend the time or money on developing games. They will not automatically limit the sales potential of a game by tying it to optional hardware that only a small percentage of users own. On the other side of the coin, consumers are not going to buy optional hardware in large enough numbers without a good selection of titles to go with it. No Sales = No Games and No Games = No Sales. Put them together and it all = Failure... Or at the very best, limited success in a niche market. When you think PSVR, you should also be thinking Eye Toy, Move, Kinect, etc, etc.

I feel the problem is they still need to make it cheaper, nobody wants to buy an accessory that costs as much as the console itself...

Its just a screen with some gyroscopes, how expensive could it be, I think the real reason why vr is so expensive right now is because everyone is just trying to make up the r&d costs, but there never going to sell well unless they lower the price down to just over its manufacturing cost which can't be more then 60 or 80 bucks, I've seen phones cheaper then that and they come with a lot more hardware in them.

Why does a rubber strap and a wire cost so much more...

Message 13 of 26 (281 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12564 posts

last month

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/psvr-sales-numbers/

sold more than the competitors by more than double so far.

no teardown cost for the PSVR or vive that i know of, but the rift costs about $200 for components.

Message 14 of 26 (271 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12857 posts

last month

OGPooh wrote:

I've said since before it launched that it wouldn't last long. Optional hardware never does. Without a big installed user base, developers are not going to spend the time or money on developing games. They will not automatically limit the sales potential of a game by tying it to optional hardware that only a small percentage of users own. On the other side of the coin, consumers are not going to buy optional hardware in large enough numbers without a good selection of titles to go with it. No Sales = No Games and No Games = No Sales. Put them together and it all = Failure... Or at the very best, limited success in a niche market. When you think PSVR, you should also be thinking Eye Toy, Move, Kinect, etc, etc.

Really still on that vr is a flop bandwagon huh...  sorry to say this but psvr has been quite successful..  

>

Message 15 of 26 (264 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4683 posts

last month

Teus wrote:

OGPooh wrote:

Really still on that vr is a flop bandwagon huh...  sorry to say this but psvr has been quite successful..  

Not only that but Microsoft is scrambling to get a VR headset out them self's! I own a PSVR headset and love it. Its not a replacement for regular game playing I wouldn't want it to be. I don't see it going away at all, I see it as something getting better over time. It's also not only for gaming figuring out how to and what monetise in VR is a challenge. I watched Spiderman 2 in 3D wow great stuff now I am sad 3D is going away. But glad movie 3D content is at a much lower price now. The Apps and Youtube have great VR content free! Until Dawn rush of blood is great!

Now with FarPoint coming out  as a full VR game and Elite Dangerous maybe supporting VR I am excited as ever about my VR Headset.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it! Elite Dangerous is coming June 27th to PS4
Message 16 of 26 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1127 posts

last month

Mightylink wrote:

OGPooh wrote:

Its just a screen with some gyroscopes, how expensive could it be, I think the real reason why vr is so expensive right now is because everyone is just trying to make up the r&d costs, but there never going to sell well unless they lower the price down to just over its manufacturing cost which can't be more then 60 or 80 bucks, I've seen phones cheaper then that and they come with a lot more hardware in them.

Why does a rubber strap and a wire cost so much more...

My iPhone was $700.  Smiley Sad

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 17 of 26 (244 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
12857 posts

last month

JohnKarnes wrote:

Teus wrote:

OGPooh wrote:

Not only that but Microsoft is scrambling to get a VR headset out them self's! I own a PSVR headset and love it. Its not a replacement for regular game playing I wouldn't want it to be. I don't see it going away at all, I see it as something getting better over time. It's also not only for gaming figuring out how to and what monetise in VR is a challenge. I watched Spiderman 2 in 3D wow great stuff now I am sad 3D is going away. But glad movie 3D content is at a much lower price now. The Apps and Youtube have great VR content free! Until Dawn rush of blood is great!

Now with FarPoint coming out  as a full VR game and Elite Dangerous maybe supporting VR I am excited as ever about my VR Headset.

People also need to understand too that the previous addons and handhelds failed because Sony failed to give people a good reason to buy the addons.. Kinect could of been successful for Microsoft only if there were sufficient reasons on why you must own the addon, same goes with ps move (which by the way is great when used with psvr , so in a way psmove is not a failure, which is proof that when used right, it can succeed.)

>

Message 18 of 26 (238 Views)
MVP Support
8617 posts

last month

This will still be doing the Demo Circuit at E3

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 

Message 19 of 26 (202 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

what kind of psvr games will sony show at e3 and I think I have an idea

[ Edited ]
last month

I was wondering what vr games will we see at e3 this year, I hope we get a release date for ace combat 7, cause the only vr jet fighter game so far is jackal assault which isn't that great but it's alright but they could of done more, I would not only want to see ace combat 7 release date, but I hope we see some games from sega like after burner, galaxy force, virtua cop, and cyber troopers virtual on. You know sony said vr is hard to show off on stage, but they could do the press conference in vr, so people with psvr can be at e3 virtually.

Edit: I'm merging this with the larger thread on this topic. Please have a quick look to see if someone has already posted regarding your topic before starting a new thread. Thanks! -TheWaywardTrout

Message 20 of 26 (196 Views)
0 Likes