Apr 19 2017
By: rschertz12 Lombax Warrior 198 posts

psvr predictions at e3, and warning signs when sony abandoned

22 replies 257 views Edited 6 days ago

What is your prediction at e3 2017 this year as far as psvr, will we get lots of game announcements or just some vr game announcements, and what are the warning signs sony is about to abandon something, like what was the first indication when sony abandoned the vita, cause are you worried sony will abandon vr?

Message 1 of 23 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2022 posts

Re: psvr predictions at e3, and warning signs when sony abandoned

[ Edited ]
6 days ago

I've said since before it launched that it wouldn't last long. Optional hardware never does. Without a big installed user base, developers are not going to spend the time or money on developing games. They will not automatically limit the sales potential of a game by tying it to optional hardware that only a small percentage of users own. On the other side of the coin, consumers are not going to buy optional hardware in large enough numbers without a good selection of titles to go with it. No Sales = No Games and No Games = No Sales. Put them together and it all = Failure... Or at the very best, limited success in a niche market. When you think PSVR, you should also be thinking Eye Toy, Move, Kinect, etc, etc.

Garbage Wide photo Garbage wide resized_zpsb09ke73a.jpg
Message 2 of 23 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8414 posts

[ Edited ]
6 days ago

PS VR mark 2 demo unit with...

The plastic shell only... With weights made to fit target weight

With rebuilt HDMI breakout box with new  HDCP 2.1 and HDR pass though chipset... 

Optical port for the wireless headsets with permanent PCM 5.1 to DD 5.1 optical output...  

They can't make VR units fast enough and its outselling the PC units Even with PCs user able to chuck money away by the thousands each year for just a minor upgrade in GPU... 

New bundles are hitting Asia with new game bundle... 

Elite dangerous VR demo units (may be, Frontier have not ruled it out but not confirmed VR yet)

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 

Message 3 of 23 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

6 days ago

well I heard target is giving away all psvr games with clearance, and never even seen commercials about it, and I don't really hear sony talk about it much, maybe they want to stay secretive so that they can, maybe they didn't announce much because they where waiting to reveal bigs games at e3 this year especialy since e3 is opened to the public this year.

Message 4 of 23 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14249 posts

6 days ago

I had a vet bill costing me an unexpected $1300 but was planning on buying one for me and my cousinSmiley Mad VR is the future as the vita is for Japan I want to say rather than US my guess would be

Message 5 of 23 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1040 posts

6 days ago

I still want one.  Woman LOL

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 6 of 23 (216 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14249 posts

[ Edited ]
6 days ago

rschertz12 wrote:

well I heard target is giving away all psvr games with clearance, and never even seen commercials about it, and I don't really hear sony talk about it much, maybe they want to stay secretive so that they can, maybe they didn't announce much because they where waiting to reveal bigs games at e3 this year especialy since e3 is opened to the public this year.

Maybe target bought too many of them and people who shop at target aren't buying them VS. other larger retail stores? Ever notice how stores sell games at $59.99 but then you stumble onto a store that is selling it on sale for like $39.99 or 29.99? Overstock and you get it cheaper than the norm!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 23 (213 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

6 days ago

well maybe it's the future for the US and japan, I don't know about europe though, they don't seem to be into video games as much as us americans, and asians are. Europeans seem like they are more into sports and things like that, not trying to be racist but it is the truth, I use to go to a british school in singapore, and most of the big gamers where the asians, and americans, the european guys where more into sports.

Message 8 of 23 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14249 posts

6 days ago

rschertz12 wrote:

well maybe it's the future for the US and japan, I don't know about europe though, they don't seem to be into video games as much as us americans, and asians are. Europeans seem like they are more into sports and things like that, not trying to be racist but it is the truth, I use to go to a british school in singapore, and most of the big gamers where the asians, and americans, the european guys where more into sports.

Not to sound rude but don't care about Europe as I live in the U.S. and is of no concern to me. Ask your ? maybe on the E.U. PS forum rather than the U.S. forum maybe for more input on this and opinions?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/English-Forums/ct-p/55

Message 9 of 23 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8414 posts

6 days ago

Summer Lesson Hikari Miyamoto Bundle Pack

The prototype controlls engine for Ace combat 7 VR mode...  Namco testing game...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 

Message 10 of 23 (195 Views)