MVP Support
11923 posts

Re: whos coming back to destiny 2

3 days ago
If Destiny was a failure, what does that make Evolve or The Division? You know, the other two 'highly anticipated' games of 2014. One of which is now free-to-play...
Message 21 of 45 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9584 posts

3 days ago

BBurgSteve wrote:
If Destiny was a failure, what does that make Evolve or The Division? You know, the other two 'highly anticipated' games of 2014. One of which is now free-to-play...

It's a FPS, he's going to call them all failures regardless of sales etc. VD and a few others here have a personal vendetta against the genre, it ruined gaming or something like that. I wanna know where all these guys were when we had 2 or 3 generations that were 99% unfun platformers.

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 22 of 45 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
3281 posts

[ Edited ]
3 days ago

I am not planning on picking up Destiny 2 at least not until the end when they have a complete edition and even then it's just a maybe.

At this point when I buy a game I think about the big picture and how much the complete game is going to cost and it's just not worth it to me to mess with Destiny.

I still remember picking up Destiny The Taken King on disc like it was yesterday... Brought it home didn't really care for it and checked the trade in value online and it was 25 cent's a day after paying $60

That's by design the disc is worthless (online only) and the DLC codes are used so you're stuck with it and if you want to keep playing like I did then you have to continue to pay and I had to drop another $30 for Rise of Iron just to keep playing with friends and I waited a year for TTK... the people who bought in day one had it worse with that money trap.

Destiny definitely wasn't a failure. What they did made them ton's of money and I have a bunch of friends who loved it but it's not for me.

Message 23 of 45 (220 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6344 posts

[ Edited ]
3 days ago

Despite having a great group to play with for Destiny 1 (@Blastfurnace2k@Emerald_Swords) , the grind was a bit too much for me (too repetitive and rinse/wash/repeat to my liking) and the reward system, despite being tweaked, didn't provide the results like I would see in similar titles with loot like Borderlands and Diablo 3. To this day, no Gallahorn, despite all the hours I put in the game - preordering to get one felt wrong to me :/

And the nerfs... Oh the nerfs, don't get me started...

The playerbase is there though, and many love the game, just wasn't for me. Doesn't help I'm a dad with already limited amount of time to play games in general and broad tastes in wanting to play all kinds of games. I also can't dedicate hundreds and thousands of hours like I use to a year or so ago, my kids want more attention. So I don't think my lifestyle can even do a Destiny like title any more, I especially don't want to bring down friends who would have to fit my schedule, not fair to them.

I might still get Destiny 2 though but not on day one and not until I can see reviews from reviewers like Angry Joe and ACG to help with my decision on picking it up. As @bstn617 mentioned, it might just be beneficial down the road to pick up when an inevitable complete [Game] collection comes out for it years after.

My biggest head scratcher though is I thought breaking off from PS3/360 would warrant a 60fps update but everything points to it being not the case, not even on the PS4 Pro?

Looking at the game, it looks like nothing engine wise changed, visually especially...

Message 24 of 45 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4089 posts

3 days ago
60 fps is still a unicorn...
RIP OT Jan. 31, 2017

Mm Bop.
Message 25 of 45 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2742 posts

3 days ago
True but I look at it like a mmo since it's meant to act like one. In all mmos you have to grind for gear and many times your not guaranteed the gear. For me I had fun running with blast. Emerald. And the angry leader of our static. Many nights of being yelled at by haku and not did he get mad were fun to me. Emeralds laid back attitude and skill were great to see and blast all fall before me charge in attitude were all great memories even if we were not playing serious. It was a multicultural experience
Message 26 of 45 (153 Views)
MVP Support
44735 posts

3 days ago

@Darkvizardichigo

Coming back, I never left!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 27 of 45 (143 Views)
Gaming Beast
1841 posts

3 days ago

Certainly not me! I bought Destiny a few months after it came out. For two or three months I played it for hours a day. I had so much fun with it at first but then it started to seem like more of a chore. It was like I was playing just to try to keep up with everyone else in having all the latest items. It finally got to the point where it completely burned me out and I barely touched my ps4 for over a year. The same thing happened to one of my friends and it burned her out so bad she didn't want anything to do with her ps4 and sold it. She finally ended up getting another one almost 2 years later. Smiley LOL

The crucible was horrible. It was full of little kids tea bagging and shot gun camping in corners. 

Message 28 of 45 (135 Views)
Gaming Beast
2103 posts

3 days ago

I think I'll wait till the last expansion releases befor getting this title.

Message 29 of 45 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2830 posts

3 days ago

Darkvizardichigo
Emerald_Swords

Both have the very mentality that drives people from most games.. But to answer your question Emerald (and completely ignore Dark's childish one) The game disapointed me not for it being a FPS but more due to the lack of stuff, same old enermies in the same old place, more focus on PVP then story or PVE aspects, Gear was just reskinned to death, match making was laughable.

I did say i enjoyed the sword weapon add on but after that there was nothing note worthy to say about the game or the other expansion. I said it was a faulure by the way because it atracted only one style of gamers, the kind you find in CODs. That is why i said it was a failure.

Message 30 of 45 (86 Views)
0 Likes