Oct 24 2012
By: ILLUMIN-X Fender Bender 3241 posts

Is Home More Partial To Certain Developers ?

17 replies 255 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

I've watched quietly.

And for months its seems that certain (so called) 3rd party developers are allowed to flood Home with content, while other developers are pushed back over and over again.

And its not just that.

It seems some development companies experience more issues than others.  Oh yeah...just think back.

Ask yourself who is actually gaining, what regions do they encompass, and in these very forums who rallies their every single release ?

Just take a moment to think,  and suddenly the reason why prices have suddenly jumped (from certain developers) will make perfect sense.

Havent you noticed that suddenly we have a ton of new emotes ?

Dances..movements..actions...New (womens) clothing...

Just step back for a sec and exhale the last 3 months of released or announced and rescinded released content and you'll see a pattern.

Some developers have a pass..some dont (at least not yet).

I smell cheese

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (255 Views)
Limit Breaker
16066 posts

Re: Is Home More Partial To Certain Developers ?

Oct 24, 2012

All developers can read our request and produce what they want. The best developers do just that. They make whats asked for based on several things. I think the business model of developers dictates how much is produced. So much goes in to pricing and whats made. The best of the best are the ones producing quality and affordable items.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (249 Views)
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Not only that but they tend to rush new items or personal space's out the door without testing them first. That's why we experience all those server crashes and bugs right after the release. You'd think Sony would work with these developers during the update and make sure everything runs more smoothly. With all that money we give to Sony, you'd also think they could make a decent server that doesn't crash so much.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (249 Views)
Sackboy
433 posts

Oct 24, 2012

since home is still in beta should we even be paying some of the prices there charging?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16066 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DarkChun-li wrote:

since home is still in beta should we even be paying some of the prices there charging?

Bills have to be paid. Google game dev yearly income lately?

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (230 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

All developers can read our request and produce what they want. The best developers do just that. They make whats asked for based on several things. I think the business model of developers dictates how much is produced. So much goes in to pricing and whats made. The best of the best are the ones producing quality and affordable items.

Yes its true that this is a sounding board for the developers..but in reality how is it helping when posts are deleted, censored, and sentiments restricted from the developers eyesite ?

Just for once wouldnt you like to see spaces, items and clothing released in the same bunch as they have done recently that we have actually asked for or demanded ?....Minus all the bugs ?

Also factor in SOME devleopers remain exempt to these issues, and consistently release content regionally with minimal bugs or pushbacks.

Something is wrong with this machine

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (229 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

STOP IT !

Name one company or product that clings to being in an open beta test for close to 4 years to avoid liabilites.

Its a parachute man..and in the end again I ask who stands to gain ?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16066 posts

Oct 24, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Yes its true that this is a sounding board for the developers..but in reality how is it helping when posts are deleted, censored, and sentiments restricted from the developers eyesite ?

Just for once wouldnt you like to see spaces, items and clothing released in the same bunch as they have done recently that we have actually asked for or demanded ?....Minus all the bugs ?

Also factor in SOME devleopers remain exempt to these issues, and consistently release content regionally with minimal bugs or pushbacks.

Something is wrong with this machine

Yes, All things Home go through QA, Quality Assurance  is involved in the project from the beginning. This helps the teams communicate and understand the problems and concerns, also gives time to set up the testing environment and configuration. On the other hand, actual testing starts after the test plans are written, reviewed and approved based on the design of the Home product. That being said there is no way to predict what the Home software is going to do when faced with all the other code written for other items, estates, games and so on.

Even stress testing as we have in the past in Home betas has not created a perfect inviroment/product.  I blame old code. It can't be rewritten. We need a Home2.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (215 Views)
Limit Breaker
16066 posts

Oct 24, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

STOP IT !

Name one company or product that clings to being in an open beta test for close to 4 years to avoid liabilites.

Name one time Sony has ever used it as a parachute.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

STOP IT !

Name one time Sony has ever used it as a parachute.

Really ?

Bro ..I'll assume you're speaking on behalf of the thousands of people that received chargeback overdraft fees from their banks due to Sony double billing (and sugarcoating it by calling it a "delayed billing" after they had the money in their account allready).

At what point did Sony send any correspondence to the banks or even the customers to accept public resonsibility ?

I'll wait for a reply because I know it's a checkmate statement.

I respect ya to death Jerz..but even using your very own logic...

DarkChun-li wrote:

What corporate entity is the one firing these people when projects are either close to release or at the post release stage ?

It always starts from the top is your first clue

Clue number two...you're soakin in it

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (187 Views)
0 Likes