May 19 2017
By: frodo94jo First Son 1 posts

Two ps4 on same network

3 replies 93 views Edited 3 days ago
Hello everyone Id like to ask a question.I want to buy another ps4 for online gaming which internet conection is the best to play without lag? I have only two options 200/20 mb or 300/30mb?
Message 1 of 4 (93 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4514 posts

Re: Two ps4 on same network

3 days ago

@frodo94jo,

frodo94jo wrote:
Hello everyone Id like to ask a question.I want to buy another ps4 for online gaming which internet conection is the best to play without lag? I have only two options 200/20 mb or 300/30mb?

There are other factors at play as well: what networking equipment do you have, is it rated for those speeds, how many devices are going to be/are using...... with a little more information we could possibly help you make a better or satisfactory decision.

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669 Accounts and Billing 1-877-971-7669
Don't want to call? Try Live Chat
Chat is available: Monday - Saturday 6AM - 10PM, Sunday 8AM - 8PM PST  photo ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Message 2 of 4 (78 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8004 posts

3 days ago

^^ Is correct but either of those bandwidths are fine.

Depending on the network equipment and how good your ISP will determine what lag you will see. For gaming, latency is more important than bandwidth. A good router that can handle network loads and an ISP that doesn't have egress or ingress or shared pipes will make a difference. Also make sure that if you have a modem with a Puma chipset you should ask to replace the modem for one without that chipset.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 3 of 4 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

3 days ago

I strongly recommend using LAN connections. At least one of them should be LAN if both will be connected online at the same time.

If both PS4s will be online at the same time you may need to invest in a router that can handle both connections properly. Keep in mind that online games often don't require very much data at once, but they do constantly stream. Making sure that this stream of small data remains uninterrupted is why you might need to get a router that is capable of managing traffic.

Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes