Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Dec 5, 2012

MY UC3 has officially stopped working. Ive tried to get on since this morning and all I get it the little ring. I deleted and put in again. NOTHING!

Please use plain text.
Message 301 of 368 (1,121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 8, 2012

this gets even better....

I finally gave up on Uncharted 3 ever loading past the spinning ring and decided to take it back to Game Stop. 

I still had a receipt even though I bought the game over a year ago!

Game Stop, to their eternal credit, actually HONORED the receipt ! 

They gave me credit towards a new copy. 

So I bought a new copy of Uncharted 3 GOTY edition. 

I brought it home and everything WORKED FINE. 

So, this is specific to the DISC !

I played online multiplyer intensely for several weeks.  

This morning, I popped the disc in to play a bit and guess what?

The Spinning Ring of Death is BACK !

But, this time, there is a weird multi-colored mosaic of pixels in the middle of the spinning ring (like part of the animation cannot be rendered).  I ejected the disc and cleaned it. 

Popped it back in and tried again. 

Same result. 

Can anyone tell me **bleep** is going on, and who is to blame, please?

Please use plain text.
Message 302 of 368 (1,094 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I guess a, somewhat unethical, way to get around this issue is to rent the game from somewhere (or buy it and return it if they'll let you), but switch out the non-working disk for the working one. This'll also let you know if it's the PS3 messing up the disk after several plays or if it's the game in general.

Please use plain text.
Message 303 of 368 (962 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I'm still having this problem spinning ring keeps occurring every time Drake is about to run through the door. Into the bus at the end of chapter 9 (Syria).
Please use plain text.
Message 304 of 368 (920 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I can play the Multiplayer portion just fine so I know its not my PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 305 of 368 (919 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Hello all, im having this issue with UC 3 GOTY edition.

I bought the game new (box sealed) yesterday and when i put the game in, the clock spins in the top right of the screen, but the game never shows up in the list. even after multiple tries.

So i go on the internet looking for a solution, try all my other games, to make sure that this isnt a hardware issue. But no they all work fine, even the dual-layered ones like MGS4:guns of the patriots, and God of War 3.

After this, i start GT5 and use it to clean the system cache, (in the settings menu, under network). I quit GT5, put in UC3 and the game works (as in it will show up in the XMB as a blue disk like all the other games).

The day after, i put UC3 back in, and it doesnt work again. Clearing the cache changes nothing this time. So i leave the ps3 on for some time, and try again, and the game works. I even reboot and retry multiple times, the game always shows up in the XMB,    

as it should. I'll try some more but i think there is some time factor involved. 

My ps3 is an euro slim 120GB model CECH-2104A, the game is UC3 GOTY edition from the PAL region, model BCES01670.

I hope this gets fixed somehow, im unsure wether to get the disk replaced, exchange it for another game or to keep it. I suppose it depends on if it works in the next days.

Please use plain text.
Message 306 of 368 (908 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Also, i forgot to say my PS3's firmware is 4.31, the latest one. The drive also makes strange noises when i put UC3 in; instead of spinning up and starting to read the disk, like with every other game, it just makes slight clicking noises and then after ~15sec it makes a mechanical sound as if it were ejecting the disk, and then some more slight clicking. All this without anything ever happening in the XMB except for the spinning clock, no blue disk or anything. Whats more worrying is that the disk sometimes doesn't eject from the PS3 when i press the button on the machine, i have to restart the system and press the eject button again to get it to come out. Once again no other game does this, I'm afraid i might ruin my PS3 if the disk gets permanently stuck. If tomorrow it still bugs, im returning the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 307 of 368 (900 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Uncharted 3 almost broke for me. I got the spinning ring in the main menu. It happened after it froze while playing online. It's all good now. I just had to wait like 10 minutes for it to load.
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I guess ill take it back to the store since i have found no reliable way to get the game to work.

Unless there is an ETA for a patch, a firmware update, or any kind of fix?

Its like the game wont be recognised by my ps3, did something change with the security of ps3 disks with UC3 and the game is inconpatible with my ps3?

Any kind of acknoledgement, explanation, or even a simple heads-up from ND would be greatly appreciated and answer the customers expectations. Its been quite some time since a dev posted in here it seems.

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 309 of 368 (877 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Okay my disc is kind of weird...when I have the spinning ring of death I usually stop playing U3 for like days. But when I pop it back in it works! Unfortunately only for a few days, maximum will be like 2 weeks or so. But when it does work I play multiplayer. Okay it gets weird here. It works perfectly fine I had never had the problems other people have had. Like no noise or the music stops or whatsoever. But there is one flaw that always, always happens in one specific map. The Airstrip with intro. When the game starts its loads with the ring, but after that loading it stays pitch black. When I try to quit the current match, it freezes on me completely. But if I left it alone and see if it loads it gives me like 2 flashes of the map without the airplane and the cars. And then it takes me out of the game (Since if you don't move you get kicked out.) So it gave me the scores of the both teams with the spinning ring. I saw the scores and some had kills and deaths. I let it load there for like 20 minutes. I quit and let my ps3 reset. After my ps3 resets (It may take awhile.) I asked my friend what happen, and he said that it says I was in the game, but my character never appeared/loaded in the game(Something like that.) after I start U3 again, and its either the main menu will not load, it just stays pitch black, or I get the spinning ring of death. All other maps work perfectly for me. It's just that one specifically. Afterwards my game just goes back with the spinning ring of death or the black pitch screen. I just don't play it for some days, and I think I'll leave it alone until this problem is fixed I don't want to mess up my ps3. I got other games, it isn't the end of the world. I personally could wait. I believe you guys are trying your best. Thank you for your time.

"No matter how gifted, you alone can't change the world."-L

Ryuzaki gif
Please use plain text.
Message 310 of 368 (846 Views)
0 Likes